Hemlock Falls via Lenape (Yellow) Trail, Summit Trail, Swampy Trail, and Crest Trail is a 5.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near West Orange, New Jersey that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trail itself was fine, but the best part was definitely the little fairy houses hidden in tree trunks and trees along the trail.

Nice to get out for some fresh air, but I could hear cars driving nearby the whole time, and the only sign I saw on the trail was very adequate: "Where's the waterfall?"

Never seen the falls and i hiked the whole trail. Other then that we had a great time and enjoyed the hike regardless.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Trails were not marked very well. Overall ok.

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Lots of good, hilly trails in the reservation. I was really happy to have my phone with the app though. The trails are not marked all that well and it can be hard to know where you are.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Not bad. Some of the trails are not marked well. Thank goodness for this app!

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Very nice hike. Loved the change in trails. It was easy to moderate. Would definitely go again but this time in the fall.

Monday, January 18, 2016

We took the South Orange Ave, parking lot, the second one, there is a massive amount of reconstruction of the avenue and they are upgrading the area, the hike is somewhat moderate, it can get challenging at some points but, over all, its a pretty easy hike, nice waterfalls and lots of land of land to cover.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Took us a while to actually find the parking lot for the trail. It took us about 2hrs because we had my 3 year old and my 7 month old who was in the baby straps. It got difficult getting up those hills with the baby strapped onto me and it was very humid outside. we saw 2 snakes on our way there. we also got lost trying to find or way out because there are so many entrances that lead to different places. It was a great work out!

Saturday, June 17, 2017