Hemlock Falls Trail

Hemlock Falls Trail is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Millburn, New Jersey that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful hike with some rough terrain. A good amount of inclines. Rocky trails. Really nice stretch along a ridge. Great hike to a small waterfall.

Amazing view

Great hike w many scenic views! Quite long and rocky for amateurs but well worth it! Water fall fell short of expectation though.

Went off trail a little. Saw chipmunks, bunnies and foxes. Waterfall was definitely the highlight. 10/10 would recommend.

I saw pictures of this waterfall and didn't expect anything grand. I was able to find the preserve pretty easily and it had great parking areas... spread out around so you can park at different places. They have a great dog park if you want to bring your dogs. That is pretty much where the great things end. I went to the post board in the beginning to see if I could get a map... there were none so I took a picture of the one behind the glass on the board to know where I am going. There was graffiti all over the post board and the a small restroom area that was now not being used. I tried for almost and hour to figure out where to go and which way... I kept taking trails I thought were trails but weren't. I was here to see the waterfall (hemlock falls). The trails are not marked at all... the only one that was is the waterfall trail (red dot). I am not sure how I stumbled onto the red trail but I did and was very disappointed with the falls... it was a simple trickle. I knew it was nothing large so I won't put down the preserve for that. The unmarked trails makes it almost impossible to find anything. Sad to see that there is graffiti all over and that this is not taken care of. Oh well another waterfall and park to check off my list.