Hemlock Falls Trail

Hemlock Falls Trail is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Millburn, New Jersey that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful hike with some rough terrain. A good amount of inclines. Rocky trails. Really nice stretch along a ridge. Great hike to a small waterfall.

The lanape yellow trail was just painted but the return white trail was difficult to find. beautiful even in 26° weather!

Nice trail views of NYC at one point.

Amazing view

Great hike w many scenic views! Quite long and rocky for amateurs but well worth it! Water fall fell short of expectation though.

Went off trail a little. Saw chipmunks, bunnies and foxes. Waterfall was definitely the highlight. 10/10 would recommend.

I saw pictures of this waterfall and didn't expect anything grand. I was able to find the preserve pretty easily and it had great parking areas... spread out around so you can park at different places. They have a great dog park if you want to bring your dogs. That is pretty much where the great things end. I went to the post board in the beginning to see if I could get a map... there were none so I took a picture of the one behind the glass on the board to know where I am going. There was graffiti all over the post board and the a small restroom area that was now not being used. I tried for almost and hour to figure out where to go and which way... I kept taking trails I thought were trails but weren't. I was here to see the waterfall (hemlock falls). The trails are not marked at all... the only one that was is the waterfall trail (red dot). I am not sure how I stumbled onto the red trail but I did and was very disappointed with the falls... it was a simple trickle. I knew it was nothing large so I won't put down the preserve for that. The unmarked trails makes it almost impossible to find anything. Sad to see that there is graffiti all over and that this is not taken care of. Oh well another waterfall and park to check off my list.

The trail is light but I highly suggest using the map as a reference because the markings aren't the greatest. The view & scenic shots when you get to Hemlock Falls are amazing.

Trail was ok. But it is TERRIBLY MARKED. Very easy to get lost. Overall a nice day hike if you're familiar with the trails.

Great hike, just couldn't find the overlook in the pictures

This was a nice trail. Really suggest keeping a map on you just in case you get off track.

The waterfall is a sight to see.

Good trail. Doesn't feel like you're in the middle of a city.

really great beginner trail for anyone. there are some wonderful open forest areas, along with close forest paths. A couple nice small waterfalls.

This is no way easy

So this is my second trail. This one is a tricky one as there are multiple trails branching off of your own trail. I stuck with the yellow mark tree trail. Got lost for a good hour and i must say after getting lost i find it worth the effort to make it to end. A gorgeous waterfall. Oh and your shoes will be covered in mud!

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Trails poorly marked and trail maps are few and broken. Nice area but limited parking.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Beautiful hike with some rough terrain. A good amount of inclines. Rocky trails. Really nice stretch song a ridge. Great hike.

Monday, October 03, 2016

So disappointed with this trail. Not only was the waterfall super tiny, the trail was filled with broken glass everywhere we turned. I climbed to the top of the waterfall only to find that I couldn't place my hands down because of the large amounts of glass. Hard to do when there was a scramble. Also, the waterfall had graffiti on it along with other parts of the trail. New Jersey

Friday, August 26, 2016

Blazes were very poorly marked, however the trails were able to be followed with the help of trail maps.

Monday, August 08, 2016

From the very beginning these trails have no proper direction or markings so we had no idea where to start off. But we found it and did the entire Yellow trail. It was very nice and beautiful scenery. We saw a snake, deer and lots of chipmunks. The water fall wasn't huge but still nice and relaxing. We hike around and to the top of the waterfall, sunbathed and had lunch...super relaxing. Now on the way back we got lost cuz the Markings are horrible we followed the red/white ended up by blue then all white an hour later finally found the yellow back to the car. All together like 5hrs hiking including our breaks, but still a Nice day :)