Glenhurst Nature Trail

Glenhurst Nature Trail is a 0.8 mile loop trail located near Warren Township, New Jersey that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail just tick infested. I pulled about 30 ticks off my dog. Even in the cooler weather he has gotten tons of ticks.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

I agree with most of the reviewers - trails were unbelievably overgrown. There was ONE trail map, right at the start and that was it. Not a map anywhere on the trails. And not one trail marker - spot of paint on a tree to let you know which trail you were on. Terrible - eventually I "broke through" about twenty feet of heavy brush to get out of a trail and into a meadow from where I could see the road. I would not recommend this place to anyone, anytime, anyhow.

Monday, May 09, 2016

Definitely would not recommend. Very overgrown. my boyfriend and I took our dog and within 15 minutes of being there we had to pick at least 20 ticks off my dog and another 10 or 15 off of my boyfriend and I. Not a good place to hike.

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Pretty cool

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Friday, September 20, 2013

Overgrown and trail is barely maintained. The sight of giant power lined was uncomforting as well. Trekked 4.5 miles but not a trail I will
Be revisiting very soon.

Monday, September 16, 2013

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Too muddy and overgrown and flat the entire hike. My dogs also got completely covered in stickers which later took me hours to comb out. Would not reccommend this hike :(

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Saturday, December 08, 2012

Around 6pm it was basically pitch black out so luckily my friend and I had an extra flashlight because our other one ran out of battery. While walking half way through Brookside Trail we encountered a black shadow in the woods that ran by us very quickly. We realized that what we saw was a coyote. After a few seconds it started howling at us for a good 3-4mins. No one was harmed and it ran off so I would say that it was a pretty neat experience. Just letting everyone know that in the Warren and Passiac County, the coyote population has increased drastically so always be prepared for the worst. Other than that the hike was fairly easy and the view was gorgeous during the daylight.

Thursday, December 06, 2012