Glenhurst Nature Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray Star(23)
Warren, New Jersey

Glenhurst Nature Trail is a 0.8 mile loop trail located near Warren, New Jersey that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.8 miles Elevation Gain: 6 feet Route Type: Loop

Went with two kids. Didn’t do the whole loop, very muddy and overgrown, don’t hike in sneakers. We will probably come back and try the whole loop.

bridge out

We found this nature trail by accident and decided to stop and check it out. While the kiosk contains a decent amount of information, the trail(s) are overgrown and hardly noticeable. We only spotted 3 white trail markers during the hour we spent walking. Poorly maintained , large tree branches have fallen on one bridge, a second sinking into the water. Would not recommend this trail to anyone!

bridge out

Sat Jul 15 2017

Great trail just tick infested. I pulled about 30 ticks off my dog. Even in the cooler weather he has gotten tons of ticks.

Wed Aug 31 2016

I agree with most of the reviewers - trails were unbelievably overgrown. There was ONE trail map, right at the start and that was it. Not a map anywhere on the trails. And not one trail marker - spot of paint on a tree to let you know which trail you were on. Terrible - eventually I "broke through" about twenty feet of heavy brush to get out of a trail and into a meadow from where I could see the road. I would not recommend this place to anyone, anytime, anyhow.

Mon May 09 2016

Definitely would not recommend. Very overgrown. my boyfriend and I took our dog and within 15 minutes of being there we had to pick at least 20 ticks off my dog and another 10 or 15 off of my boyfriend and I. Not a good place to hike.

Thu Dec 31 2015

Pretty cool

Fri Sep 20 2013

Overgrown and trail is barely maintained. The sight of giant power lined was uncomforting as well. Trekked 4.5 miles but not a trail I will Be revisiting very soon.

Sun Sep 15 2013

Too muddy and overgrown and flat the entire hike. My dogs also got completely covered in stickers which later took me hours to comb out. Would not reccommend this hike :(

Sat Dec 08 2012

Around 6pm it was basically pitch black out so luckily my friend and I had an extra flashlight because our other one ran out of battery. While walking half way through Brookside Trail we encountered a black shadow in the woods that ran by us very quickly. We realized that what we saw was a coyote. After a few seconds it started howling at us for a good 3-4mins. No one was harmed and it ran off so I would say that it was a pretty neat experience. Just letting everyone know that in the Warren and Passiac County, the coyote population has increased drastically so always be prepared for the worst. Other than that the hike was fairly easy and the view was gorgeous during the daylight.

Fri Jun 07 2019