Forest View Trail

Forest View Trail is a 5.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Alpine, New Jersey that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The initial mile or so is easy, kind of boring but once the view points open up it becomes a different world. I enjoyed the eagles over the cliffs. The descend on the stairs is wow- beautiful. The trail along the Hudson River took me away as to only think a few miles down is the great Metropolis. Go alone the shoreline as you will certainly enjoy. I did the trail with my dog. I will definitely be back.

I went on a very hot day on July and but enjoyed the sun and occasional breeze we got along the hike. Lots of fun scrambles to get through and great scenic views. I'd go again.

Fun scrambles and really nice views! I went with my medium sized dog and we had to turn around early cause the scrambles were too tough for him.

I didn't do the entire loop as the website approximates it takes 5 hours.

However, the out - to the farthest lookout point - and back was still 4 star worthy. Plenty of vistas to take in as the trail skirts along the cliffs. Took approximately 1 1/4 for the out and back. Would do it again.