East Side Loop Trail

East Side Loop Trail is a 4.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Boonton Township, New Jersey that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Tourne County Park - East Side

I recorded this trail to be 4.6 miles, slightly more than the 4.3 listed. Some sections are not marked or blazed but the path is still fairly obvious. Intersecting unmarked trails can cause confusion for some. Also the map overlay does not match the trail in some areas. No trail maps available at the trailhead.

Very close to homes and heavily trafficked by hikers, joggers, bikers, and several unleashed dogs. Some dog droppings on the trail but otherwise very clean and well maintained. Plenty of parking.

A portion of the trail comes close to a small area of the lake. Views from the top are mediocre but could be improved by trimming some trees. Lots of benches.

I went on an early Friday morning and the weather was horrible on the way there. I figured - the downpour will be less in the woods and kept driving and oh boy it was perfect!! By the time I got to the state park it was a light drizzle and it was magical, walking in light rain under these tall trees, just myself and my giant dog lol. Trails are marked ok, I kept my app on though and that worked fine. I took the red trail, then red & blue, then the white trail which was bit more narrow. It's only 30 min drive from our house so I'm planning on making this a morning routing with my dog. We jogged some of it and hiked other parts.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Monday, February 29, 2016

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Friday, July 03, 2015

nice quick little higher, view isn't bad.

Monday, April 20, 2015

Great workout with a gorgeous view of the NYC skyline.

Sunday, September 21, 2014