East Creek Loop Trail

East Creek Loop Trail is a 6.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Woodbine, New Jersey that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 6.8 miles Elevation Gain: 88 feet Route Type: Loop

paddle sports

Bring your Ben's but have fun doing it. This trail is tons of fun with little to no obstructions. Well-maintained and plenty of shade. You will have bug issues this time of year but that's to be expected. Great trail for beginners looking to extend their endurance.

Rode this this morning. Definitely need tick repellent. Had 8 riding with me when I finished. Pink trail was fun with lots of turns and twists. Very easy ride, would not rate moderate. Trails would be great for children learning to build confidence. Some roots and a couple of logs. Due to matt of pine needles and moss it felt like riding on Carpet. Not fast but it was fun.

I don’t know why this trail is listed as moderate. It’s an easy hike. There is no discernible elevation change. It’s just a hike through the woods. During summer months the ticks and chiggers can be brutal. Even with bug spray. Be warned.

Ticks GALORE! I’m not even half way done the loop and I’ve found 13 ticks on me so far. The views aren’t worth the amount of ticks and bugs. Easy hiking trail but man are those ticks out in full force beware

this is definitely one of my favorite hikes for the South Jersey area. we had an extremely rainy fall and winter so the trail is wet and muddy in some of the low-lying areas but for the most part very navigable. basically a seven and a half mile loop and you can make it longer if you take some of the other trails like the North shore or the goose kill. but this is my all-around favorite hike that's not too far from where I live.

Really nice trail. While everyone else appears to have hiked it in the warmer months, and encountered many of the common insects of South Jersey, I would highly recommend hiking in the colder months. I completed the trail with my dog in February, on an overcast 35 degree day. No bugs and I had the trail to myself. It snowed the week before, so there was a fair amount of mud and some large puddles that required "off roading". The boardwalks were perfectly situated across swampy areas. Overall a great hike which took my dog and 3 hours to complete, with 2 hydration and several photo stops.

Friday, July 06, 2018

Nice trail. Relatively flat with board walks over the wettest sections. Still muddy in sections despite no rain for a week. Needed to use the app to pick up the trail at Lake Nummy. Right on the road at swimmimg area, right on next road and left onto the trail before the recycling center. Spray tick repellant. The last half of the trail has high weeds on the trail. Picked off a lot of ticks along the way, including small deer ticks. Overall a nice hike.

Friday, November 03, 2017

When I lived in jersey (Cape May, NJ) I would go here with my pup and absolutely loved it. It's great at any time of the year as long as you plan ahead and make sure you don't go there if it rained less than 3 days prior.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

its good for a workout, nothing special here and there is too many mosquitoes!!!

Monday, June 05, 2017

This is one of my favorite trails in South Jersey. The trail is easy, I would never think of this as moderate. Flat sandy trails the entire time. There are some areas that will flood after rain, but they have been actively working on this trail to improve those areas. One of our few loops that have decent mileage. When you come to the lake with the picnic area follow the road to the right and then right again when you meet the next road. The trail goes to the left near the dumpsters for the camping area. The last part of the loop is along 347 but has plenty of shoulder and grass to walk on, except for as you cross over the creek itself. There is another portion of this trail that crosses over 347 from the parking area. That portion of the trail is overgrown and quickly dead ends, not worth crossing a very busy road for.

Monday, April 03, 2017

Nice easy hike around a cedar lake. Trail is flooded in many areas after heavy rain.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Nice place for a long walk :) Pretty lake area with some different recreation options in season. Trails pretty much all flat and sandy, from what I've seen so far. Not much in the way of wildlife, either, but maybe that's different in the spring and summer.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Great Pines Barrens loop. The trail becomes hard to find at the 4ish mile mark by the campground near the lake. Very quiet with just a few people.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Not good weather for mountain bikes but too far to walk.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

I don't know much about birds, but this place was loaded.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Fantastic place to bird! Birds can be found year round but it is best in May.

recorded East Creek Loop Trail