Delaware and Raritan Canal Trail

Delaware and Raritan Canal Trail is a 37.8 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Princeton, New Jersey that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

paddle sports

Flat easy trail. It is nice (trail by the river beats biking next to cars) but it gets boring after a while. I took it from New Brunswick to Princeton. Easy to find. No drinking water on the way (the only 2 bathrooms we found had hot -really hot- water or none at all), so take plenty or you will have to get out of the route to find somewhere to buy (which for us was a good excuse to have an ice cream as well)

Very nice trail for walkers, runners and bikers... I would say for most of activities that fits to all the ages. Great nature watch trail with a long distance...

Giving this 3 stars only because I ride my bike through here. It is awesome for bike riding. I really wouldn't walk the trail as it can get pretty boring really fast. However, if you are looking to for a nice bike ride, not hard at all, this is a great path for it. The terrain is rather smooth and you can go pretty fast without the fear of any rocks or branches sticking out.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

light nature walk. fenced off abandoned building on the property

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Love running here

Monday, July 04, 2016

nice hike

Friday, May 06, 2016

This trail is close to and has access from New Brunswick / Piscataway and Highland Park. Easy to enter from Johnson Park. Hardly any crowds, no incline and perfect for running and cycling. Also cool as you get to spot turtles, fishes and sometimes snakes in the canal.

Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Where Princeton goes to stretch its legs. You can take the tow path in bite-size bits, from Frenchtown PA to Millstone NJ, or combine a bunch of them. The Princeton to Kingston stretch runs alongside Lake Carnegie. The D&R makes for pleasant, non-strenuous (it's dead level the whole way) walking or biking.

Friday, May 22, 2015

Hike in the fall the leaves come out very nicely

Friday, January 02, 2015

I have walked this section and well as biking it. It nice and flat for the most part. Fairly well maintained. It's very nice during the spring and summer.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Great trail with beautiful scenery. I biked around 20 miles on this trail and it's very easy and pleasant, no up or downhills but every now and then you will have to cross over a rocky section but it's not many. I saw some people fishing and some people just walking or running. Overall it was a lot of fun and a great multi-use trail

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Best for hiking and riding during the weekdays particularly in the morning if your schedule permits...the park is less crowded. I try to stay away during weekends as it gets too crowded.

Monday, April 29, 2013

nice and long track.. very nice place.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

It's a beautiful scenic trail, but it's very flat since it's a towpath for the canal. Very very easy to walk or run, but it's much more interesting as a biking trail. Very long, flat and off-road, you can even use road bikes on it. Limited access in places, but good parking at the designated parking lots. There are a lot more access points to the trail that is listed on the map. Go to the web site for more maps.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Great for running with dogs. :)

Thursday, March 29, 2012

I've walked the entire tow path previously and am in the process of walking the tow path as part of the NJ100 Challenge.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

This trail sucks! I drove an hour to hike this trail that I could of done in my own back yard. Im not a hiking snob but after doing other hikes that were so much better then this, I was sooooo dissapointed! Thumbs down!!

Friday, July 15, 2011

It was a number of years ago but my wife, myself and our 11 children found this little bit of heaven in NJ and enjoyed the scenery,ate by the canal and walked to a historical site. The name escapes me at the moment but it was a day we cherished for years. Try It... You'll Like It.

Monday, April 11, 2011

On Kingston Rocky Hill Rd is a so easy flat walking trail. Hot day for April in the 80s. Conditions were very good. Trees were cut away from trails. Surprised to see so many on a Monday. We took Silver Maple Trail it was muddy and the trails were grown over. Not much used. But a nice side trip off the used trail. Saw so many turtles, lots of poison ivy, I really wish I knew my plants and shrooms to forage. Great for biking.

Monday, March 07, 2011

A nice, easy trail with nice scenery, which I've enjoyed several times. Keep in mind that this trail was a canal towpath, so it is more straight and flat than not. Really more of a walk than a hike, but pleasant anyway.

Sunday, March 06, 2011

A nice walk with the dogs at any time of year. More of a walk than a hike since it is the towpath for an old canal, and is therefore flat and pretty straight.