Columbia Trail - Long Valley to High Bridge

Columbia Trail - Long Valley to High Bridge is a 11.3 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Long Valley, New Jersey that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

Columbia Trail is a 14.9 mile trail from Bartley Rd. in Long Valley, New Jersey to Casa Maya in High Bridge, New Jersey that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels but is and offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash. Easy wide path well marked. A long hike which is easy but long and ends at a great Mexican restaurant we did at the end of town (Casa Maya). I prefer moderate to difficult but I brought two newbies who enjoyed the views but the walk wore one of them down.

rails trails

It was such a great trail (flat, wide, groomed and shaded a good part of the time). I rode out for an hour and then rode back. Didn't stop at any shops at this one town I passed as I didn't have anything to secure my bike, but next time I definitely will. Several benches along the way for when you need that break. Awesome ride today.
I didn't see any restrooms as some other trails have so make sure you handle your business beforehand or stop in to one of those shops when you pass by during your ride.

Great trail. Ideal for biking but can be nice for a scenic walk. Very long so make sure you know when to turn around. Benches along the way and really nice views.

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Sunday, April 24, 2016

best trail ever! I am on it at least 4-5 a week. THE perfect trail for trail running. Always see people biking or on it with kids. Perfect trail to get the kids out into nature. Very easy flat wide trail

Monday, October 05, 2015

We love to ride this trail on our Bicycles. We do it in every season and it is one of our "go to" rides. You can park in Long Valley, Califon, or High Bridge, or at many access points along the way. We love to stop at the market in Califon for a drink or a sandwich along the way or in High Bridge at Casa Maya for Guacamole to rplenish us for the trip back to Long Valley. It is easy terrain to cover on the marked trail, however for fun, you can change it up and ride along the road at the bottom of the Gorge that follows the river. We have spent many a lazy Saturday or Sunday watching the fly fishermen enjoy these waters!

Friday, September 04, 2015

Monday, May 25, 2015

Great trail if you're looking for something easy and scenic.

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Friday, July 04, 2014

Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Nice long trail along what used to be railroad tracks, easy parking in the center of long valley, on Bartley Rd, or in high bridge. Not much elevation changes until you get closer to high bridge.

Friday, May 30, 2014