Columbia Trail: Long Valley to High Bridge

Columbia Trail: Long Valley to High Bridge is a 11.3 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Long Valley, New Jersey that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

To reach the east, or Long Valley, end of the trail, from I-287, take the exit for US 206/202 North. Bear left to remain on US 206. Turn left onto SR 24. Follow SR 24 by turning right onto Schooleys Mountain Road. The trailhead parking lot is on your left. To reach the west, or High Bridge, end of the trail from I-78, take the exit for State Route 31 North. Turn right on West Main Street. After crossing under the railroad tracks, turn left. Trailhead parking is on the left just past the borough hall.

I started off in high bridge. We walked a few miles and it was nice to be out in nature but it wasn't amazing. Maybe we need to start in the middle of the hike in a different town. I heard it takes at least a few miles before it gets really beautiful. We had limited time so we couldn't do to much.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

It was such a great trail (flat, wide, groomed and shaded a good part of the time). I rode out for an hour and then rode back. Didn't stop at any shops at this one town I passed as I didn't have anything to secure my bike, but next time I definitely will. Several benches along the way for when you need that break. Awesome ride today.
I didn't see any restrooms as some other trails have so make sure you handle your business beforehand or stop in to one of those shops when you pass by during your ride.

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Great trail. Ideal for biking but can be nice for a scenic walk. Very long so make sure you know when to turn around. Benches along the way and really nice views.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

best trail ever! I am on it at least 4-5 a week. THE perfect trail for trail running. Always see people biking or on it with kids. Perfect trail to get the kids out into nature. Very easy flat wide trail

Monday, October 05, 2015

We love to ride this trail on our Bicycles. We do it in every season and it is one of our "go to" rides. You can park in Long Valley, Califon, or High Bridge, or at many access points along the way. We love to stop at the market in Califon for a drink or a sandwich along the way or in High Bridge at Casa Maya for Guacamole to rplenish us for the trip back to Long Valley. It is easy terrain to cover on the marked trail, however for fun, you can change it up and ride along the road at the bottom of the Gorge that follows the river. We have spent many a lazy Saturday or Sunday watching the fly fishermen enjoy these waters!

Monday, May 25, 2015

Great trail if you're looking for something easy and scenic.

Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Nice long trail along what used to be railroad tracks, easy parking in the center of long valley, on Bartley Rd, or in high bridge. Not much elevation changes until you get closer to high bridge.

Sunday, June 16, 2013

nice and easy trail for sunday ride from point A to point B

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Very easy flat trail. The whole trail is about 11 miles from Washington township to high bridge area. Nice scenery ranging from the junkyard, bridges, water, the gorge, trees etc. lot of fun

Thursday, February 16, 2017