Columbia Trail: High Bridge to Bartley

Columbia Trail: High Bridge to Bartley is a 15.1 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near High Bridge, New Jersey that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

fly fishing

Nice walk on an old railroad bed. Flat and pretty level. Little gnome structures along the trail to check out , keep your eyes open some are hidden.

Me and my two boys went this past Sunday,I love this place haven"t hiked the whole trail yet but am planning to do so.I do want to bike it I'm just waiting for my boys to get bikes don't want to ride alone much more exciting to share your adventure with others.

I think it's the best trail in nj.

George P. Beautiful trail. Beautiful day. I've mountain biked this trail end to end several times. Today, February 22, 2017 was a magnificent day with 70 degree temps. I love this trail because it is relatively flat with some bumps. Today I only was able to ride from Kenlockood Gorge to Califon and back because I'm recovering from injuries but the gorge is as close to Montana as we get here in NJ. Watched a fly fisherman bring in a trout on a nymph. Life doesn't get any better than this unless I was reeling that fish in myself.

From High Bridge you can take the high road, the rail trail, go towards Califon and return through Lockwood Gorge along the town and the river. Two different experiences on the same ride.

Friday, August 05, 2016

Friday, July 29, 2016

perfect trail for walking, running, biking. nice shade. nice little run

Monday, July 25, 2016

Walked a couple miles out and back from High Bridge. Looks like a great, flat trail for mountain biking and it was a nice stroll for us. There were plenty of hikers and bikers even though it was pretty hot. As such, if you're looking for quiet and solitude, this might not be the ideal venue. But if you want an easy flat trail with a decent amount of shade, it works.

Monday, July 18, 2016

nice ride. stopped at bex in califon, good eats, a little pricey.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Very good easy ride for the families..lots of runners too. The view of the gorge is fantastic. Stop for Mexican at high bridge... Nice morning...

Monday, April 18, 2016