Doctor's Creek and Old Forge Trail

Doctor's Creek and Old Forge Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cream Ridge, New Jersey that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Great fun. Some fast down hills and you can ride all the trails in about an hour. Some erosion has taken place either the 2018 rain. The blue trail has some bad erosion on the downhill near the big bridge. The hills can get your heart pumping! I’d compare it to a roller coaster on the boardwalk. Challenging and fun, not to wild.

I did this with a heavy pack on a 90 degree day this week and found it to be super challenging. A lot of elevation changes was the workout I needed.

pretty, not too busy on a beautiful spring Sunday

Great for kids! The area has many variations of this route that are mapped out at the entrance allowing from a quarter mile hike to well over 4 miles depending on the combination of routes you choose. Some decent hills as well and the trails are very well marked. In nice weather you will see quite a few bikers in the area but on the outermost loops you do get moments of solitude. Horses are also allowed in the area although we did not see any. As a plus..., it is early in the season but we left tick free! Will definitely be returning.

Very fun for mountain biking

decent for the area

Excellent trail. Wooded walk through forrest with stream and lake views. Nice elevation changes but not too difficult.

This trail was fun, but once the kids got tired it became much less fun...

This trail stays true to its ‘Moderate’ name. The inclines are nice and well kept. Very nice trail with plenty of views. We hiked on one nice day in the dead of winter and it was beautiful.

It was amazing! The creek is full of freshwater muscles and clams. There are also some delicious paw paw trees which is kind of fruit. Also after you can go downtown which has many good restaurants and stores.

Nice hike and good workout.

Nice local trail with good variety of terrain. I'm really not a fan of multiuse trails, but this hike features trails that don't have a lot of blind switchbacks, so you don't get surprised by bikers. The trails are also wide enough to step aside to let a biker pass by. I'd do this trail again.

Was hoping for some more views but overall was a fun trail.

Friday, May 12, 2017

It is a nice place! I went with my two dogs and two toddlers. I was able to use my BOB stroller but it wasn't the easiest in some places. if my kids didn't walk up the hill, then I'm not sure I would have made it lol. I recommend for kids to walk !

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Awesome park for hikes that range from 1-6 miles. The scenery is beautiful and there is plenty of wildlife! My dog and I will definitely be back. There was a section of Doctor's Creek Trail closed. The sign didn't note why or how long.

Monday, February 27, 2017

Great walk with the dog & kids.

Thursday, December 01, 2016

small climbs but overall pretty tame....

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Awesome trails easy to follow directions and did the bridges trail is a lot of fun

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Excellent hiking with my 8 year old son today. Trails are definitely kid friendly and the woods are beautiful! Glad Mr. Clayton didn't sell land for logging. Great stand of old trees through out park.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

A great trail for running because of the nice dirt trails and because it isn't particularly rocky. Well marked even though the trails are really well used and obvious. For a circuit trail run, this park is ideal!

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Love this place, it's hard to find a good hike in New Jersey and this place is beautiful and has a lot to explore

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

For the first time ever going through the trail it was very easy. Beautiful sites to see and great to bring the dogs along!

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Pretty easy well marked trails.

Saturday, May 21, 2016

It was a nice first time ride. the canopy is pretty thick so it does block light rain.

Sunday, April 03, 2016

An awesome ride...areas of rough terrain and lots of hills. Challenging and fun!

Thursday, March 03, 2016

Definitely a nice hike - was able to make 4.5 miles out of it going the long way around. Not very challenging but does have some inclines and soft terrain. Recommended for a nice afternoon hike

Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Awesome place for hiking and riding mountain bikes. One of my favorites

Monday, October 20, 2014

Awesome! Empty during the week & well maintained yet challenging trails. I combined a few to get in 5 miles. It's deer hunting season right now so I was a bit alarmed I'd see a hunter- but thankfully for me (and the deer), I didn't. Trails are well marked & I love the hills & rough terrain (roots galore)!

Saturday, July 26, 2014

i love this park. a great place to walk your dog. nice and quite and if your dog likes water he/she can jump in the little lake

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Fun trail and nice views of the creek. I only wish the trail was longer. It was the only trail with some elevation within an hours drive from the Jersey shore.