Beaver Brook Trail is a 10.0 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Oak Ridge, New Jersey that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 10.0 km Elevation Gain: 211 m Route Type: Out & Back

TICKS!!! Holy ticks. A lot longer than anticipated too. There’s no access to the lake/pond once you get there, have to make your own way. Some spots are muddy/wet but we’ve had a lot of rain so it’s expected.

Nice trail for quick hike/run but more suited for beginners.

I actually start this hike from Saffin Rock. Doesn't matter just a preference. It's a great hike that both my dog and myself enjoy. It takes you out of Mahlon Dickerson. I've had someone meet me down at the end, on Berkshire Valley Rd and made it a nice one way hike from the Picnic area.

Sat Mar 30 2019

This route takes you on the Yellow trail down past Saffin Rill and then up and out of Mahlon Dickerson into the Rockaway River WMA to Lost Lake and back.

Sun Mar 06 2011

A nice change-of-pace hike near the house. The dogs like it at least as much as I do.

Sat Apr 13 2019