Baldplate Ridge and Pleasant Valley Trail

Baldplate Ridge and Pleasant Valley Trail is a 3.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Hopewell, New Jersey that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Really pretty hike but trail markers were super confusing. Started on white trail, made our way to the visitor’s center and continued to the red trail. Were aiming to get back on the white trail but apparently there’s a regular white trail, and a white trail with blue dots as per the map. Both trails had plain white markers so we got a bit turned around. Found our way by back tracking a bit. A nice day nevertheless. Be aware of bees nests. Got stung in one area since I was unknowingly likely too close to a nest. Worth a visit!!

great mountain for beginners with a great view if you make it to the lodge!

Good workout following the blue white and red. Not marked clearly and we did get turned around a few times. Glad I had the map on my phone because there are no trail maps at the kiosk

Sunday, April 10, 2016