Winslow Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Wilmot, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.9 miles Elevation Gain: 1,066 feet Route Type: Out & Back

We as a family hike pretty often & my kids are 4 & 7—I would consider this trail to be hard not moderate. The elevation gain was pretty intense and the trail was rocky. Totally doable if you’re a season hiker but keep in mind that if there’s been any rain the boulders getting up to the trail may be slick.

Took just under 1 hour to climb up and about 40-45 minutes to hike down. The trail has a mix of scrambling and dirt paths, although there is more scrambling than dirt. I took the same trail both up and down. The 360° view is amazing at the top. Great hike for a pup! I brought mine along and he had a great time. Not too buggy, but I did wear bug spray. Worth the hike!

sensational. views a plenty all over the map. very steep.

great views! took our corgi with us and he loved it.

Somewhere between easy and moderate. The 360 view is incredible, especially for the length of the hike. I did this trail last Thursday and it was wet/slippery on the rocks and roots. Today it was mostly dry. It was breezy at the summit, and not buggy at all.

Lots and lots of steep rock scrambling, really fun trail with beautiful views at the top!

Went Winslow up and was decent, Barlow coming down was muddy, but still great hiking...

Awesome trail. VERY VERY ICY when I went, immediately fell when I got out of my truck, and then once more down the frozen waterfall... even with my spikes on. This trail is a no go in the winter without snow cleats of some sort. If you’re going during the winter, plan to add an extra mile of a hike in... the gate to the park is closed so you have to park by the street and hike up to the trail head. Once up top there are a ton of great views. There are even picnic tables and what I would assume is a hang gliding/paragliding launch ramp. I will definitely be back during the summer with the family, although some parts were a little steep, I think my 6 and 7 year old boys will manage.

It was rainy, damp and SLIPPERY! Dry conditions...moderate. Wet conditions -I’d call it almost difficult. The one thing that no reviews mention is that 70% of the trial is rock strewn. This is the trail to take up - not down - if the weather is rainy.

Monday, August 20, 2018

It’s a short trail to the summit about 1.1 miles but it is a little of a work out. And the summit has a beautiful view. Would def come back in the future or to nearby mountains!! Drove over an hour to check it out :)

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Good trail but still a lot of ice, making the hike a bit more challenging.

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Great trail but tough with the current ice and snow conditions for a beginner...will definitely head back in the warmer weather!

Monday, October 16, 2017

I would definitely recommend this trail, we climbed up Winslow and took Barlow down. Beautiful views at the top!

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Great views. Slippery rocks up and down.

Wednesday, September 06, 2017

This is not an "easy" hike. It is actually much more steep and rocky than the adjacent Barlow trail. I brought my 4yr old up it, and while she made it I wish we hadn't.

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Excellent hike with my 4 year old daughter

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Pretty steep, lots of root and rock step climbing. I would not call this easy and definitely not a bit much for my 3yo.