Winslow Trail and Barlow Trail Loop

Winslow Trail and Barlow Trail Loop is a 2.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near New London, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

[The gate at Winslow State Park is closed for the season (as of November 15). It re-opens in spring as weather permits.] Mount Kearsarge is a must-do hike for anyone living in the Kearsarge area. The summit has a fire tower (which is occasionally open to enter). The top is very exposed and offers 360 degree views. Note: The road leading to the normal parking lot is blocked off during the off season so you have to hike up the road about half a mile before reaching the trail head.

Very icy, crampons recommended! We did it with micro-spikes, but wasn't really comfortable. Super windy at the top, but we got to see the sunrise, so no complaints!

Hiked this loop today.The access road isn’t plowed all the way in the winter, adding about a mile both ways. Winslow trail is very icy right now, definitely need crampons to get up. Barlow trail however is much less icy and could be done without crampons. Overall a nice hike with a nice view at the summit.

Love this hike. 360° view well worth the effort. One of my faves.

Right now there is a fair amount of snow (about 2-3 inches) and ice on the loop so waterproof footwear and yak traks are highly recommended. We did not expect the ice and snow, so we went with hiking boots which kept our feet dry but it was nerve wracking with the icy patches. The gate is locked so it is a 3/4 mile to a 1 mile walk up paved road to the trail head. We did the whole loop in 3 hours with no stopping (I think it would be closer to 2-2.5 hours without the snow and ice) and got back to the car around 4pm, as the sun was setting. A truly beautiful hike all said and done, we will definitely be back again--either with yak tracks or in warmer months!

Did this loop hike on 11/10/18 going up Winslow and down Barlow. a decent amount of early snow covering the whole loop, very wet and muddy in sections especially on the Barlow trail. would recommend micro spikes already. Gate to park closed to must walk up the access road to the trail heads. great hike, will do again!

Great hike with amazing views, take Winslow up and Barlow down. Worth the intense incline on the way up! Rocky trail with lots of roots so footing is important.

You want me to go get some chicken

Cool beans

Great little hike. I'd definitely recommend going up Winslow since it's steeper. It was rainy and cloudy when I went but still a fun little hike.

A pretty good trail that offers a solid half day hike. I was doing a practice run using two trekking poles and got a solid workout going up Winslow trail which is fairly steep. I came back down on Barlow Trail and was pleasantly surprised to find so many mushrooms on that trail.

Very rocky with lots of roots. Breath taking at the top with 360 degree views.

Great hike with amazing 360 degree views up top. Hiked up Winslow which had some steep challenging rock to get up and cane down Barlow which was longer but easier on the way down. Very well marked trails and got a great workout from it!

Beutiful trails up and down, stunning 360 views at the top. Pretty easy trails and highly recommend doing this hike barefoot, very grounding lol ✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Nice little hike stupidly done in the rain.

Beautiful hike! I suggest going up Winslow and then down Barlow.

Great morning hike. We started hiking at 7am and reached the top just after 8. Great views and a really nice maintained trail. Highly recommend and well worth the time.

Such a beautiful spot! But the trail is in poor condition with tree roots, downed trees and rocks requiring full attention. Went up the Barlow side and also returned that way after hearing from hikers who said Winslow side very steep and rocky. My dog loved it. My husband not so much.

Great short hike. Steep trek up Winslow gets you working. 360 degree views for miles on a clear day are great!

great hike!

Great hike - not too challenging, but got a good workout. Took the Winslow Trail up, Barlow on the descent. Wasn’t too busy when we went up, but when we got back at about 11:00 the parking lot was packed. Amazing views at the top (and on the way up) and not as crowded as Monadnock. Fun day!

A good short hike, especially good for kids who aren't too young. This moderate loop is best done with Winslow as the ascent and Barlow for the descent. It's a moderate hike because of the steep sections and ledges which can be slippery when wet, but there really aren't any technical sections to this hike.

Awesome hike!! Did this one with my mom— Winslow up and Barlow down. Winslow was pretty steep but the view was so worth it. 360 degrees of being able to see forever up top! I would definitely wear bug spray though, there were a lot of bugs in the first half. I would also not recommend this hike for little children. But overall, 5-star hike with a 5-star view.

Winslow up, Barlow down. Similar difficulty to Monadonock but shorter and less packed...our new favorite! Would at least rate Winslow as HARD, if you consider Monadonock hard. $4/adult, $2/kid. We were only the third car in the parking lot by 9am on a beautiful day, but by 11 it was pretty full. Porta-potties were very clean. Lots of bugs! Trail markers are burgandy on Winslow and a little hard to see sometimes.

Spent 2 1/2 hours hiking this loop with my husband. Beautiful trails and the view from the top is stunning.

Relatively short hike but beautiful views to the northeast of the whites, south to monadnock and west to Vermont

I did this hike today with my husband and I would not recommend for small children. Towards the summit is very steep and I cringed watching the kids running around while the parents talked and took photos.

Park fee is cheap $4/adult. Park is very clean and people are friendly although there was an excessive amount of doggy doo doo on the trail.

Wish the restroom house was open, had to opt out for the potter potties which was pretty gross.

Do recommend you use the Barlow trail if you are not on the experienced side!

Great hike for the family.

Great short hike! Very very buggy! Do not forget bug spray!

Huge bang for your buck! Great but tough beginner hike. It’s nothing to crazy, but you’ll certainly be out of breath! Very short quick trip to the beyond gorgeous summit. We were lucky enough to be able to go up the fire tower & ask the man working some questions about his job. I could have stayed on this summit forever!