Whitehorse Ledge Loop Trail

Whitehorse Ledge Loop Trail is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bartlett, New Hampshire that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I did this hike with my mi-aged mother and it was in October during the PEAK of falls colors. All I can say is that it was a completely breathtaking experience for she and I. She is not much of a hiker, so parts of the trail were indeed difficult for her. But the reward of the beautiful trees and serenity on top of Cathedral Ledge was well worth it for us.

This is absolutely beautiful! Depending on your fitness level, this might be difficult for some. I would rate this Moderate/difficult in places for sure. The trek down for me was quite steep with moments of vertigo. If you don't like steep, I would suggest going the longer route around and then going back down the same way.

Did this with my 5yr old. He loved the view up top. We were having a great time until we were rounding the bottom by the hotel and ran into a black bear. Luckily he let us walk away and we abandoned the trail to get into the parking lot and away from him. Took another trail and the road to get back to our car. Scariest moment of my life! Remember to be safe out there, you never know when you're going to have a run in with nature.

I did the loop counter clockwise and stopped at Cathedral ledge on the way. The trail from the north end was well-marked, but coming down to the south area was confusing because the markers were difficult to see. Best views here was at Cathedral Ledge... can't see much on the White Horse trail unfortunately.

Monday, September 12, 2016

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Beautiful views. Steep in areas. Not recommended for children.

Friday, April 22, 2016

very tough and challenging

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Friday, July 03, 2015

My wife and I did not complete his trail due to the steepness in places, but overall it was very beautiful. The terrain is pretty rough but the trail is clearly marked. Highly recommended.

Monday, April 27, 2015

Monday, August 11, 2014

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Beautiful views from Cathedral Ledge. Some steep areas but fairly easy walk for the most part.

Sunday, October 09, 2011