White Ledge Loop Trail

White Ledge Loop Trail is a 4.5 mile loop trail located near Conway, New Hampshire and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Conway, NH: Travel south on SR 16 about 5 miles passing through the tiny burg of Albany. The trail is accessed from two locations: White Ledge Campground or Pine Knoll Camp which is .5 miles northeast of the campground on SR 16. An old road serves as a link between SR 16 and White Ledge Loop Trail.

My dog and I enjoyed this hike. Some steep parts but nothing too challenging. We only passed two other hikers. I thought the trail was easy to follow but there were limited yellow markers on the trail (as others have mentioned), so I was glad to have the app to confirm we were on track. I had difficulty finding the trailhead from the White Ledge Campsite (even with the app), but eventually found an entrance around campsites 6-7. Parking very limited here. There were a few (like 3) public spots, and other places you could park that weren't as clear (e.g., in the grass or near the dumpster towards the front).

We started from the other entrance of Echo Lake but this was a very enjoyable hike-made even nicer given the fact it was raining and a good portion of the trail is under tree cover! The views though we spectacular. Think it was more like 9km for us but all in all a lovely was to spend a few hours!

I would not rate this as easy, I am also a new hiker.

Nice views and a good hike, but the mosquitos were brutal. Like other reviewers, I was happy to have the app to confirm where I was going when the trail was poorly marked.

Nice trail. Easy to get to. Went Memorial Day weekend. Bring bug repellent. Very pretty views at the top. Agree with previous review that more yellow markers are needed and App confirmed we were still on the trail.

We rate this hike as "moderate" for some steeper rocky stretches (see topo map) during our early spring hike. There is a definite shortage of yellow trail blazes in some sections - we were glad we had this app to confirm we were still on the trail! Views approaching, and on, the ledges are great!

Saturday, September 24, 2016

I would considerate it moderate in difficulty. 1 1/2 hours up - 1 down, fairly steep in places. Nice hike.

Friday, August 23, 2013

Beautiful trail and views, a great hike! We only encountered 1 other hiker on the trail but saw a black bear foraging for blueberries at the top and a large porcupine on the way down...amazing.