White Ledge Loop Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Conway, New Hampshire that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Moderate hike. Nice views at the top. Parking is limited get there early. You will be parking at a camp site. Most spaces reserved for campers. Hikers need not apply. Be sure to review this trail in the AMC White Mountain Hikers Guide. It is recommended that you start your hike counterclockwise. When you finish you'll be glad you did. Bring water, snack and a smile. Enjoy.

Nice secluded loop trail. Was a crowded fall weekend, parked on side of rt 16 because campground was closed. Quick walk through campground to trailhead(right next to camp site #7). Blazes are yellow. Gets pretty steep after about 3/4 mile(probably toughest part of hike). Levels out and actually goes downhill a bit for awhile then back up pretty steady. Opens up on a couple ledges with nice northern views. Whole loop took me about 2.5 hours with not much of a break anywhere but didn’t race through it either.

Hiked this trail counter clockwise as recommended which was definitely the best way to go. A gradual uphill climb to the summit followed by a shorter (but steep) downhill return. The views at the top weren't 360 but we're absolutely gorgeous, especially as the leaves are starting to change! Although the uphill climb was tough and got my heart pumping, we saw people of all ages on the trail.

Just finished this with our 5 year old pup. Saw a few people in the first half mile, and a couple at the top, but otherwise had the trail to ourselves. There are two peaks according to the elevation map; the first one is pretty steep (and seemed moderate difficulty to us), which made the remaining incline feel easier. Bring bug spray, you’ll need it for the first and last mile. Thanks to Herb and Laura, the campground hosts, for showing us where to park- if the 5 visitor spots are taken, you can squeeze in next to the dumpster as soon as you pull in to the campground.

moderate hike. parking for 5 cars but campground very nice letting parking by 1sr dumpster and RT 16.

My husband and I wanted to avoid the busy crowds and limited parking of Chocorua on Labor Day weekend and we hadn't hiked in a month so we decided to try out this hike to work our way up to
more strenuous hikes. We had the whole loop trail to ourselves and had a lovely hike in the woods. Do not be fooled by the low elevation as if you hike the loop you will get more than enough exercise as it goes up, then down, then back up again! Only one small stream at the beginning and then again at the end of the loop but it is a welcome sight for splashing water on yourself when it is hot out at the end of the hike. The hike is well maintained with lots of beautiful mushrooms to see on the way and the woods are beautifully peaceful and a bit magical too. The views from the top are lovely and we felt it was the perfect peaceful, quiet hike for us. We felt like we got plenty of exercise and enjoyed many various views from the different lookout points at the top. You can see Chocorua from one vantage point, Cranmore from another as well as beautiful lakes towards the southeast. A great option if you only have a 3 or 4 hour block of time.

Great hike. Started off at campground. Did counter clockwise. Great views from numerous spots.

Spectacular view at the top! Definitely worth the steep ascent and descent but would not rate this as easy by any means. It was a moderately difficult hike but definitely worth it.

Nice view from the top, cool rocks on the ledge. I would rate this moderate, there were some steep parts up and down, about 2 hours up, 1 hour down.

Not easy! Definitely moderate, some pretty steep climbing. It was beautiful but tough for a family

A great hike, but should definitely be rated as a moderate level. The rock scramble at the top was definitely not for first timers within an experienced guide with them. This was My birthday hike with my 26 year old son! It rained and was overcast, but it was an awesome trail, hike and day! Would definitely do it again!

Beautiful and easy loop. I was happily surprised with the trail and what if offered to see. There were a lot of mushrooms that I’ve never seen in my life. Also cool to find blueberries, chipmunks in the wild, and a bunch of unique trees and plants. Highly recommended!

NICE TRAIL STARTS IN OPEN HARDWOODS AND CLIMBS INTO LEDGES WITH GREAT VIEWS IN MANY DIRECTIONS. FOLLOWS A BROOK ON THE WAY BACK. NO ICE ON THE TRAIL FIRST TIME THIS SEASON .SPRING MUST BE HERE.

Closer to a moderate hike- gate at trail head locked so parked down at Pine Knoll trail head and walked up 16 to White Ledge- added 2.6 extra miles to a fun hike

Wednesday, October 04, 2017

My dog and I enjoyed this hike. Some steep parts but nothing too challenging. We only passed two other hikers. I thought the trail was easy to follow but there were limited yellow markers on the trail (as others have mentioned), so I was glad to have the app to confirm we were on track. I had difficulty finding the trailhead from the White Ledge Campsite (even with the app), but eventually found an entrance around campsites 6-7. Parking very limited here. There were a few (like 3) public spots, and other places you could park that weren't as clear (e.g., in the grass or near the dumpster towards the front).

Monday, September 11, 2017

We started from the other entrance of Echo Lake but this was a very enjoyable hike-made even nicer given the fact it was raining and a good portion of the trail is under tree cover! The views though we spectacular. Think it was more like 9km for us but all in all a lovely was to spend a few hours!

Monday, August 07, 2017

I would not rate this as easy, I am also a new hiker.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Nice views and a good hike, but the mosquitos were brutal. Like other reviewers, I was happy to have the app to confirm where I was going when the trail was poorly marked.

Monday, May 29, 2017

Nice trail. Easy to get to. Went Memorial Day weekend. Bring bug repellent. Very pretty views at the top. Agree with previous review that more yellow markers are needed and App confirmed we were still on the trail.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

We rate this hike as "moderate" for some steeper rocky stretches (see topo map) during our early spring hike. There is a definite shortage of yellow trail blazes in some sections - we were glad we had this app to confirm we were still on the trail! Views approaching, and on, the ledges are great!

Saturday, September 24, 2016

I would considerate it moderate in difficulty. 1 1/2 hours up - 1 down, fairly steep in places. Nice hike.

Friday, August 23, 2013

Beautiful trail and views, a great hike! We only encountered 1 other hiker on the trail but saw a black bear foraging for blueberries at the top and a large porcupine on the way down...amazing.