White Dot Trail to Mount Monadock

White Dot Trail to Mount Monadock is a 3.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Jaffrey, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

rock climbing

A very popular steep scramble up a very nice peak in Southern New Hampshire with great views from its bald summit. Mt Monadnock is reputed to be one of the most hiked mountains in the world with over 125,000 people climbing it every year. The trails are very steep in places and rocky. It can easily be done in a half day. Older kids will have a ton of fun rock hopping their way to the summit on the steep trail. This is a very popular climb just north of very populated cities so you probably won't be alone on the trail. $5 parking

We came to this location specifically to Hike up Mt Monadnock. There was a light rain when we started and rain expected all day long but we were prepared for it. Do not underestimate this climb....and if there is rain have the proper equipment (good hiking boots, breathable rain coat (I had a marmot precipitous on and it kept me dry the hole way), lots of fluids (went through 84 oz on a rainy day) and hiking poles (used my rubber feet on my poles most of the way up and down) and a rain cover on pack to keep things dry. I wouldn't recommend hiking this in the rain if you are interested in the view at the summit. The trail is very well maintained and marked. They do a tremendous job maintaining this trail. There are a number of points you can stop to take advantage of the view as you get closer to the summit. Ours was fogged over. I would recommend getting there early. We started up at 7am. Again this is a very well known and sought after hike. We followed the white cross trail down and very glad we did. The White Dot trail is very steep in places and on a busy day I can't imagine having to stop all the time to let people pass. Take the White Cross Trail down. Be prepared for almost a mile of maneuvering down a rock filled trail. It's not as steep as White Dot but still presents it's challenges. Have Fun! this is a tremendous mountain and loved hiking it even in the rain.....

Well kept trail! About an hour and 20 minutes to the summit, and about the same down via White Cross. 3 hours total. Shoes with good treads highly recommended; my sneakers often had difficulty on the smoother rocks. At around 10:00 AM on a Thursday morning, I was the only one on the summit for a short period of time. Pure bliss to sit and enjoy the panoramic views!

Such a wonderful time climbing this beautiful mountain and will definitely visit again

Exhausted me as a novice hiker, but oh wow, that view! Great hike, between moderate and hard.

Really hard for beginners, still made it through. Amazing view.

Mt. Monadnock was packed - but it was a pretty Saturday in late July so we weren't surprised. The hike was challenging but well marked, the views from the top were great, but we definitely didn't feel like we were able to disconnect from city life while surrounded by crowds the whole way up and back.

Our group hiked under the moonlight. Highly recommend it. Good times

Great views with a moderate hike.