White Arrow Trail

White Arrow Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Jaffrey, New Hampshire that features a great forest setting and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until November.

Good hike. The rocks towards the end were a lot of fun to play on. Found ourselves wishing it was longer and thought about going up another mountain after. This was hike number 2 for the North End Mountain Club.

Traveling with another hiker we moved quickly and got up the mountain in about 90 mins, and took about an hour to get down. The trail starts slow in terms of steepness, but don't be fooled, after the first mile the incline increases significantly. The rocks from the 1/2-3/4 mark were a bit slippery following rain the day prior. The final 3/4 open rock area is a lot of fun and the view is fantastic. We hiked this on Labor Day and there were many people at the summit. We often waited to hike certain spots because of traffic. Overall a great hike.

Hot on a sunny day. Great views from the top. A bit slippery on the rocks in sneakers...will wear hiking boots next time.

Took this trail on the way down from the summit. It had rained the night before so it made for a slick hike down. It was definitely a challenging, very steep trail and required some scrambling down but awesome views before heading back into the tree line.

Moderate hike up and down the trail. Still quite wet. Nice views up at the top both the summit and the overlook near the top. We did the hike in 3.5 hrs taking several stops.

This was my first mountain hike, and this trail was alot of fun. Not overly crowded on a Sunday afternoon either. Took me about 3 hours total round trip, but I stayed an extra 2 1/2 hrs at the top summit because the view was incredible. Heads up though- there was alot of scrambling up rocks (slippery/sometimes quite steep). I'm a 20 y/o in good shape and I was drenched in sweat when I got to the top. Walking stick recommended- the workout is almost as good as the view.

Was a good challenge for our 4th hike. Had a great time!

It was challenging, but mostly because of how slippery it was through the woods. It was definitely a fun trail once you got above the treeline, which was only a quarter mile but felt longer. It was unfortunately foggy at the summit, and there wasn't much of a view, but a little further down below the clouds you could see a decent distance, and what we could see was incredible.

I hiked this trail my first time doing Monadnock mainly because me and my boyfriend got lost trying to find the trailhead for an easier rated route. it was still icy and basically straight up a waterfall of frozen over rocks once you get up past the toll road but it was absolutely beautiful and if my out of shape ass could do it then it can't be that bad haha.