White Arrow Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Jaffrey, New Hampshire that features a great forest setting and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until November.

Nice, quieter trail up to the summit. Easy walk up the road to the white arrow trail and moderate hike until the last half mile or so where there are quite a few scrambles. The trail was icy when I went and I slipped and tweaked my ankle ~100 vertical feet below the summit and didn't quite finish, but the views up to that point were very good. I'll definitely revisit this trail in summer when the ice is gone.

Great trail- was really slippery (rain for days) and the top was packed. We ended up going back down to a lower view to avoid the crowds. I would do this trail again.

Excellent trail, well kept and humorously marked, on the way down the wind was blowing through the pines - perfect day!

very intense better leave before 7pm so many bugs come out on top of the moutain but great hike woildnt suggests bringing kids on this one i could barley climb the rocks myself took me and the ladys an hour 45 mins to reach the summit

went with the kids (8, 5, 4). couldn't do the LAST stretch with them but was great until we had to turn around :)

Took the white circle trail to the summit. Left at 8:30am and there was never a section of trail that didn’t have people on it but it wasn’t crowded. Views are gorgeous at the top. Descended on the white cross trail and barely saw anyone. Took 3 hours to do 4 miles. Was definitely a difficult hike with a lot of scrambling but my 13 yo son could keep up just fine. Definitely a must hike!

Good, challenging hike!

Loved this trail. I was actually a beginner hiker when a college hikers group took us in late summer. First time scrambling but loved it all the same! Can't wait to go back.

Monday, September 11, 2017

Good hike. The rocks towards the end were a lot of fun to play on. Found ourselves wishing it was longer and thought about going up another mountain after. This was hike number 2 for the North End Mountain Club.

Monday, September 04, 2017

Traveling with another hiker we moved quickly and got up the mountain in about 90 mins, and took about an hour to get down. The trail starts slow in terms of steepness, but don't be fooled, after the first mile the incline increases significantly. The rocks from the 1/2-3/4 mark were a bit slippery following rain the day prior. The final 3/4 open rock area is a lot of fun and the view is fantastic. We hiked this on Labor Day and there were many people at the summit. We often waited to hike certain spots because of traffic. Overall a great hike.

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Hot on a sunny day. Great views from the top. A bit slippery on the rocks in sneakers...will wear hiking boots next time.

Monday, July 03, 2017

Took this trail on the way down from the summit. It had rained the night before so it made for a slick hike down. It was definitely a challenging, very steep trail and required some scrambling down but awesome views before heading back into the tree line.

Monday, June 05, 2017

Moderate hike up and down the trail. Still quite wet. Nice views up at the top both the summit and the overlook near the top. We did the hike in 3.5 hrs taking several stops.

Thursday, June 01, 2017

This was my first mountain hike, and this trail was alot of fun. Not overly crowded on a Sunday afternoon either. Took me about 3 hours total round trip, but I stayed an extra 2 1/2 hrs at the top summit because the view was incredible. Heads up though- there was alot of scrambling up rocks (slippery/sometimes quite steep). I'm a 20 y/o in good shape and I was drenched in sweat when I got to the top. Walking stick recommended- the workout is almost as good as the view.

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Was a good challenge for our 4th hike. Had a great time!

Friday, April 28, 2017

It was challenging, but mostly because of how slippery it was through the woods. It was definitely a fun trail once you got above the treeline, which was only a quarter mile but felt longer. It was unfortunately foggy at the summit, and there wasn't much of a view, but a little further down below the clouds you could see a decent distance, and what we could see was incredible.

Thursday, March 09, 2017

I hiked this trail my first time doing Monadnock mainly because me and my boyfriend got lost trying to find the trailhead for an easier rated route. it was still icy and basically straight up a waterfall of frozen over rocks once you get up past the toll road but it was absolutely beautiful and if my out of shape ass could do it then it can't be that bad haha.

Tuesday, November 01, 2016

The beginning on the Toll Road is slow, but once you hit the actual trail it's a no nonsense rock scrambler that goes straight to the top. It's my favorite trail thus far.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Great trail. Challenging rocky climb but worth it at the top. Very well marked.

Monday, November 30, 2015

Took 1.5 hours to get up and 1 hour to get down. The sun was setting on our way down which was a gorgeous view but a little treacherous on the climb down. Until you get into the woods the hike on the road was pretty boring but the adventure once you got into the woods was worth it.

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Tough trail but the views are amazing! Definitely recommend.

Friday, May 22, 2015

Great trail! was only the second mountain I climbed! Took this trail on the way down. I did the white cross going up. Loved every moment! MY bag broke on the way down which was a bummer but other than that it was awesome!

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Easier alternative to the White Dot trail.

recorded wow