White Arrow Trail

White Arrow Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Jaffrey, New Hampshire that features a great forest setting and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until November.

Was a good challenge for our 4th hike. Had a great time!

It was challenging, but mostly because of how slippery it was through the woods. It was definitely a fun trail once you got above the treeline, which was only a quarter mile but felt longer. It was unfortunately foggy at the summit, and there wasn't much of a view, but a little further down below the clouds you could see a decent distance, and what we could see was incredible.

I hiked this trail my first time doing Monadnock mainly because me and my boyfriend got lost trying to find the trailhead for an easier rated route. it was still icy and basically straight up a waterfall of frozen over rocks once you get up past the toll road but it was absolutely beautiful and if my out of shape ass could do it then it can't be that bad haha.

The beginning on the Toll Road is slow, but once you hit the actual trail it's a no nonsense rock scrambler that goes straight to the top. It's my favorite trail thus far.

Great trail. Challenging rocky climb but worth it at the top. Very well marked.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Monday, November 30, 2015

Took 1.5 hours to get up and 1 hour to get down. The sun was setting on our way down which was a gorgeous view but a little treacherous on the climb down. Until you get into the woods the hike on the road was pretty boring but the adventure once you got into the woods was worth it.

Sunday, November 08, 2015

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Tough trail but the views are amazing! Definitely recommend.

Friday, May 22, 2015

Great trail! was only the second mountain I climbed! Took this trail on the way down. I did the white cross going up. Loved every moment! MY bag broke on the way down which was a bummer but other than that it was awesome!

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Easier alternative to the White Dot trail.