I've combined the Old Bridle Path with the Ridge Trail to East Rattlesnake to make a nice half day hike. The panoramic view from West Rattlesnake mtn in particular was absolutely breathtaking. I had a nice pair of binoculars with me so I was able to really see all over the Squam Lake. The water was so clear, blue and pristine it was out of this world.

The surrounding mountain range of Mount Webster, Mount Morgan, Mount Percival was spectacular as well. The view from East Rattlesnake is not as good as from the west side but still worth the trip especially when the trail is just moderately difficult. The first leg of the trail Old Bridle path is easy but the Ridge trail between West and East Rattlesnake is moderate difficulty.

My son really like it that there is a couple of trees along the way that was covered with mushroom. He calls them the mushroom tree. We didn't see much wildlife along the way however other than the usual squirrels and chipmunks and native birds. I was hoping to see an osprey or hawk or owl but didn't see any that day.