Welch and Dickey Loop Trail

Welch and Dickey Loop Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Thornton, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from February until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Intersection of SRs 175 & 49, NH: Travel east on SR 49 about 4.5 miles and turn left on Upper Mad River Road. Travel a short distance and turn right onto Orris Road. Follow Orris Road for .6 mile taking a right at the fork into a small parking lot. Trail begins there.

It was my first hiking trip and it sure did inspire me to take more such trips

I visit this trail often. The views are phenomenal and well worth the hike.

absolutely one of our favorite hikes. the views are beautiful and well worth the effort. we will definitely be back! i would caution families on bringing children here that are not experienced, as there are very steep rock faces toward the summit.

Beautiful view. Would not take my dog here again- too much for a dog to handle in the heat and too steep. Also questioning how family friendly it really is since we struggled once we hit the rocks. No small child is capable of this.

One of my favorites!

Great hike - lots of variety of terrain. Good warm up for harder hikes in the Whites. Can't wait to bring my son here this summer