Wapack Trail/Marion Davis Trail

Wapack Trail/Marion Davis Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Peterborough, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

Parts of the Marion Davis Trail and Wapack Trail pass through The Nature Conservancy's Joanne Bass Bross Preserve, 501 acres of wilderness conserved in 2001. It's part of a 2,700-acre swath of contiguous conserved lands, including the Wapack National Fish and Wildlife Refuge on North Pack.

This was my first time doing a winter hike and the challenges were outstanding. Once we got up to the summit, the views were magnificent. And then the walk down was beautiful. Thank you Jeanne Blauner and Rick.

Solid up hill right from the start to the peak of Pack Monadnock. Some craggy sections early on. There were people counting the migration of raptor species of birds which is cool, made for some interesting conversation at the top of the hike. Continued on the Wapack Trail up to the North Pack and back before continuing down the Marion Davis trail. Fun descent can be made quick tip toeing and dancing across rocks. There was some surface coming down so spots where slick. All in all a good fall hike.

Wonderful! Would describe as moderate-to-hard. Lots of rocky sections, sometimes slippery. Next time, I want to bring binoculars to get in on the birding action. I continued on the Wapack Trail to North Pack summit, the spot with the cairn, which took me about 1.5 hours. Wish I had continued onto Cliff Trail but was worried about the woods getting dark.

I hiked the summit road in the dark, a bit spooky & arduous with a 20 lb pack full of camera gear. Well worth the hike. See my uploaded shots of the sunrise. Although not on the All Trails list of trails it's a good climb

Wonderful, slightly challenging hike. very friendly staff and beautiful views from the summit. please note that that before 5 pm there is a $4 per person charge but they do take plastic.

Staff at parking lot were great!

A bit disappointed to see cars at the Summit. Great hike after a day of rain. Rocks weren't too slippery and you can hop from rock to rock and that way not destroy the trails. Up Wapack, down Marion Tr.

Awesome hike, dog friendly is a big plus!

One of my favorites! Definitely take the Wapack up, and the Marion Davis down. Great views of Monadnock early on (not so much at the summit). I went on a weekday and literally saw 3 other people. Went more recently on a weekend, and it was busy, but not overwhelming. I was fortunate enough to see the Boston Skyline and snow covered Mount Washington both times! Fairly easy hike, and would absolutely recommend for new hikers!

Loved this hike. I hike this every other week

Loved this hike. I hike this every other week

Sunday, February 26, 2017

After a warm spell the last couple of days I thought I would give this a try with my dog. It was a nice work out scrambling up boulders and searching for a path through the large patches of ice covering the trail. Took about an hour and fifteen min stopping a few times for water and to let people pet Marley. After we got to the top we jogged down the access road to finish the workout. Crampons needed for this trail right now.

Monday, January 30, 2017

lots of access points. well maintained. good views

Sunday, January 29, 2017

The hike was just the right amount of challenging and the beauty along the way with the winter icing was gorgeous! The trees protect you from the wind on the trail but not at the top so dress warm if you go mid winter! The hike heats you up but once you stop moving and are out in the open brrr! Have fun

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Wasn't prepared for the rockiness but it was a great hike. Fabulous views and the fall colors were beautiful! And my Setters loved!

Sunday, October 16, 2016

great views throughout the hike!

Monday, September 05, 2016

Nice easy kid friendly, dog friendly trail. Great for a short morning hike before lunch.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

This is a great hike for a reasonable investment of time. It's listed as hard which is appropriate at certain stretches but at other times it's moderate. The view is quite good at the top and you have the option of the auto road if you want another option straight up or down. Not as visually breathtaking as its close neighbor Mount Monadnock but well worth the time. For the best circuit I recommend going up the Wapack and down the Marion Davis trail.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

It wasn't difficult.. Good rocky trail

Monday, July 11, 2016

Went up Wapack, the trail listed as hard, and down Marion Davis. Did the Summit Loop at the top and took the Spruce Knoll trail to the overlook. Was wet and foggy so no views but was a good, if short, hike with the dog.

Wapack has some good scrambles and rocks at the start and is a fun hike. Marion Davis was decent.

I wouldn't classify either as "hard" or "difficult" but can see parts of Wapack giving people a hard time.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

1st hike ever for my wife an I. today was foggy with mist and 62 degrees. besides the lack of view it was perfect weather as it kept us from sweating up too badly. More strenuous than I expected but made up relatively easy. due to the wet rocks we decided to walk down the auto road. great day.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Fun day hike. Go up Wapack and down Marion. Wapack is steep and rocky for much of the way. It would be a bit more treacherous going down than up in my opinion. Nice views at top with bathrooms and water available.

Sunday, May 08, 2016

First time hiking with my son. This trail was perfect for beginners.

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Great trail to explore with our new adventurous puppy!

Saturday, April 02, 2016

Pretty trail and dog friendly.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Great hike. We hiked from one Pack Monadnock to North Monadnock. Great views. Strenuous for us! Would do it again. Great birder on top of Pack Monadnock. He was knowledgeable & helpful.

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Great hike with nice views of Boston from the top.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Up the front of Pack Monadnock to summit, to cliff trail, to North Pack, back to Pack summit then down Marion. Total per Trimble Outdoors app 8.5m. Some rain, fog no views, lots of leaves and quite slippery underfoot, but nothing mattered it was a wonderful 5 1/2 hrs. Can't wait to do this on a clear day. Snow shoes would be great also. Bonus-Cliff trail rock slide.

Wednesday, September 09, 2015

A beautiful and short afternoon hike from the Wildlife Refuge Center parking lot on Mountain Road to the summit of North Pack Monadnock. A wide variety of flora along the trail, one of the prettiest I have seen in a long time. The views from the summit, especially west to Monadnock, are stunning considering the mountain's modest height. Someone described the summit as "serene" and I would agree.