UNH Trail to Hedgehog Mountain

UNH Trail to Hedgehog Mountain is a 4.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Conway, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Hiked this trail today, wild weather 48 degrees. sun, rain ,snow & sleet .Even saw a rainbow on the way down. Lots of trees down due to wind storm this month. Great views from many ledges. Quite I was the only person on the trail. Will do this one again with my daughters... IN THE SPRING.

Rooty

Hike was great but it took three tries to find the trail we wanted. Hedgehog was not listed anywhere. We had to ask other people who were more familiar with the area.

Great loop trail that takes you to up to a wide open, vast view! Extremely rewarding hike!

Great hike on a nice day.. we took the whole loop. Directions are not always clear but once started this is a great trail. Views on top are beautiful but we did the boulder trail the day before and I personaly found these views more beautiful as UNH.

Decent hike with young kids. A few parts where they needed to slide down the rocks on their bottoms, but overall a fun hike. Went on a rainy/cloudy day, so the view wasn't great, but the colors were gorgeous!

We went as far as Allen's Ledges. It was wet and rainy but we enjoyed this hike thoroughly. It was fairly easy but because it was wet we took our time. Wish it was marked better however. Will definitely go again all the way to the top. Posted a lot of pics of the trial on my recording so that you can get a good idea of what it looks like up to Allen's Ledges

Conditions were good. Could be marked a bit better in some areas.

This was a challenging trail at times. It became more difficult the higher you climbed. You have to be careful with all the tree roots as your feet can easily get caught up in them. Near the top the tree markers we're difficult to follow. The views are well worth the challenge. The trail took us 3hrs with a couple of rest beaks. my Fitbit said it was about 5.5 miles from where you park to complete.

Good trail, well maintained, took 3 hrs to complete

Nice hike. Went east to ledges then to summit which in the end, I really liked that route. I hike with my dog (5yr pitbull) and we went non stop to ledges. Def liked spending some time enjoying the view from the ledges and getting a little rest. Decent view from peak but limited.. tho wouldnt stop me from doing it again. Ledges have the best views and trail was a good workout. Easy enough for white mts but not a trail to do if your not in shape.

Trail may say moderate but I would say it is a easy beginner trail. Sights are great especially in the fall! Great ledges around the mountain since they enable you to get a complete 360 of the surrounding area

This nice little loop is one of my favorite go-to's. Easy to get to, i.e., not too far north, and pretty stellar views for a easy/moderate effort. Love it!

Nice hike. Some good views of Chocorua and into the pemi.

Definitely longer than the description. Needed to take other shorter trails to get to the trail head. Great hike.

It was a good trail. Not suitable for young kids because you really had to pay attention in spots. A challenging moderate for sure. Definitely enjoyed it.

GO EAST.. This was an easy hike if you go East. If you go in the other direction it earns its moderate rating. I really enjoyed the ledge the best, more so than the summit. This was an enjoyable hike but in comparison to Indian Head Trail and Mt Potash.

Not what my wife and I expected and we are experienced hikers! There was as much climbing as hiking and as older citizens we were challenged by the trail, especially toward the top, both up and down! Glad we survived the full experience. THIS trail took much longer than expected ann was strenuous! Everyone me met on the trail shared their experience that it was difficult and more strenuous​ than expected!

Really good hike especially with a dog.