Uncanoonuc North Peak Trail

Uncanoonuc North Peak Trail is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Goffstown, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The summit can be accessed in several ways depending on what trail or trail head you choose to use.

Amazing trail

Easy hike, steep incline at points which made it fun but very short. Fun climbing in the snow and slipping on the ice!

This was a great hike with my hiking group of 7 people. It is a mountain, so be prepared. Follow the summit signs and red markers on trees. A little rocky, hiking shoes are best. The summit lookout is beautiful. I considered this a moderate hike. Took 3 hours and we were in summit 3 hours. Views of Monadnock, Pikes Peak, Major and Cranmore. Loved it.

The trail was not marked very clearly and we didn't see some of the views from the picture gallery but it was still a worthy while hike.

Great workout. Pretty steady incline and the view from the summit was great. But, there was trash, beer cans, and broken bottles all over the place. It was a nice hike, but I won't do it again.

appreciated the toughness, but did not see any wild flowers. poorly marked as well.

Great views, not marked very well. When you hit the access road you have no idea where to go. Thanks to the person who did it two days ago, I followed your path!! Good workout but think I would park off Of Mountain Base Road and take incline trail up and loop back.

Great Trail with some good steep sections to really push you, take it slow and you will have no problem. Definitely recommend!

Steep climb, rewarding view

Lots of trail options- great for prepping for tougher hikes as well as leisurely walks

I've hiked white dot, orange dot, and red dot trails for years. This little mountain seems easy at only 600 feet of elevation gain, but it never gets easier no matter how much you hike it! There are many trails/lookouts to explore, and the summit offers excellent views of Manchester and surrounding towns. I recommend this hike for a wide range of skill levels, from families with small children to experienced hikers looking to stay in shape for the bigger mountains up north!

steep incline, not a bad hike but a little rough for anyone with breathing problems

Super awesome trails!

I didn't follow this main trail I went up the Summit and saw the beautiful view from way up high! super inclines so be ready! Worth the time ! Saw a lot of dogs as well! This is a great first incline mountain if you aren't used to inclines.

Super fun, definitely needed bug spray though. Otherwise a nice day hike!

The snowmobile part of the trail was wet and muddy in places. Great hike with my dogs. Didn't take long and included a water break at the top. The cave on the white dot trail is awesome to see. I wasn't thrilled walking .2 miles along the narrow road with my two big dogs to get back to the parking area.

The views are nice, but it's crazy crowded.

Monday, October 17, 2016

Definitely steep!!

Sunday, September 11, 2016

do both peaks for a workout

Monday, September 05, 2016

Great hike up to the summit only thing is it's not the greatest with markings use the map and look for the sign for view

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Steep. Good if you like a solid and intense workout.

Friday, June 17, 2016

Short and steep but a quick hike! Not my favorite hike around. Very rocky. Descending on white trail can be very slippery at times due to all the Pine Needles and steepness. Good hike for the family and pet!

Sunday, June 12, 2016

The trails were not marked well, and we got lost several times. You have to really search to find a decent view at the top.

Worth it once if you live in the Manchester area and look at these small mountains all the time and are curious about them. But I wouldn't go back. So many better hikes to be had in NH

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

A quick hike but it does get steep very quickly. The trail is also used by ATV's and Jeeps.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Short and easy. Not my favorite view very average. Good for end of the day quick hike.

Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Hike itself is nice, the top is overrun with cell towers. Glassy in places.

Monday, April 11, 2016

My wife and I brought our 2 year old daughter. Nice challenge for all 3 of us, our daughter hiked most of the mountain.

Monday, November 30, 2015

My go-to when I have the urge to hike but don't have time for anything else.

Saturday, September 05, 2015

This is my go to hike when I don't have a lot of time. The trail is about 25 mins from my house and I can make it up and back down in under an hour with some time meditating at the top. Nothing fancy, just quick, short and steep.

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Great quick and close hike. I hiked the North mountain, had a hard time finding trail head, hiked up red dot snowmobile trail to meet blue dot trail. Steep and rocky at times but super short. once at the top had decent view of Manchester but not much more. Everyone at the top said that South is the way to go, so Souuth mountain is next on the list. Overall good for southern central NH mountain hike.