Tuckermans to Lion Head Trail to Davis Path to Boott Spur Trail Loop is a 9.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Gorham, New Hampshire that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I personally loved this trail. We did the ascent up Lions Head and then down Tuckermans. I was in awe of the views the whole way down in the ravine and it was much less steep I thought. Would definitely do this hike again!

This is my go to trail and I have done it many times both as a day trip and a two day endeavor. Either way you cut it it is great I am always looking for a challenge and this trip always fits the bill strenuous but far from impossible. I am actually recommend people go up lionshead and down tuckermans rather than vice versa. That being said both ways are fine. Lionshead has some ladders and a few spans of a couple yards where you might need to use your hands but I wouldn’t call it bouldering. Tuckermans on the other hand is just steep. View wise lionshead is better in my opinion because you get to look into the bowl.
All in all this is a great hike but as with any other in the white mountain area always be prepared for the worst. That means always bring rain gear and first aid because things can change in an instant out there. Good luck and have fun :)

Difficult trail. We ascended Tuckerman's and descended from the summit using the Lion Head trail. Overall, I found Tuckerman a more enjoyable hike with better views but being above the ridge line longer on this trail offers a different perspective. I will add the disclaimer that I was already tired upon starting the descent from the summit, so my opinion of this trail is less optimistic. We were fortunate to have perfect weather...it is not a trail I would even consider attempting otherwise. There was a lot of bouldering and, as someone who is not as tall as my hiking partner, I had greater difficulty in some parts. As with my review on the Tuckerman's trail, I suggest being very well prepared with food, water, first aid kit with moleskin, good hiking shoes (an absolute must; sneakers would be dangerous), and extra clothes in case of weather. If I ever did this trail again, I would plan on stopping at the hut on the way back down (not returning to the trailhead in the same day) or taking the shuttle. Overall, an interesting hike that I am glad I did once, but it will not be at the top of my list to try again next time I hike Mt. Washington.

This trail is not for beginners. Its an all day hike. I was in pretty good shape and when I got home I experienced muscle spasms in my legs that were very pain full. The next time I did this hike I went to the Lions head then to the Lawn cutoff and back down the Tuckerman trail. Much better ! The full hike is really nice but you better be in top shape.

Difficult hike but definitely more enjoyable than taking Tuckerman's all the way up. Lion Head gets very steep and there are definitely points where it's more climbing than walking, but the views all the way up are INCREDIBLE. You can see for miles and the nearby lakes look tiny. The last section to the summit is mostly scrambling over boulders and the temperature drops quite a bit but the summit on a clear day has amazing views. Definitely worth it.

Really great and challenging- I recommend though going up Boot Spur then crossing ridge line and ascending Mt Washington. Head back down via Lions Head. Amazing loop- you’ll need a cold one at the bottom!!

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Great hike! Incredible view with lots of climbing. Took us 4 hours to make it to the summit.

Friday, June 09, 2017

Great hike some snowy patches left over so tuckermans is closed but lions head up is great for views

Saturday, June 03, 2017

Tough! Some icy, wet spots so be careful

Saturday, February 25, 2017

we went this trail on president day in the middle of winter. At the beginning it wasn't super cold or hard but after about two miles it became slippery and steep. you definitely need to use proper gear. we were using trampon and had backpacks. The last one miles was just white and beautiful but the wind and clouds might get into your way. It was my first time doing a snowy hike and totally worse it. You also need ski goggles and enough close since the temperature drops at top and the wind can blow more than 50 mph. For me the hard part was the last mile when I was tired and couldn't rest and on the way back steep part is hard. I recommend this hike to everybody who is interested in climbing mountains in winter.

Friday, August 04, 2017