Tripyramids via Sabbaday Brook Trail is a 10.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lincoln, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

loved the trail!

Did this hike Saturday (8/25), went up Sabbaday Brook trail and came back down the Pine Bend Brook trail, hitting the summits of middle and north peak of Tripyramid. I agree that there were pieces of both trails that were pretty steep and I would definitely not recommend doing either on a rainy day or after a rainstorm. The steep parts of Pine Bend had more roots to get a good footing on, while some of Sabbaday had more open faced rock. We counted 6 real stream crossings and a couple other small ones that had plenty of rocks to cross. Since there hadn’t been too much rain recently for our hike, we didn’t have to do any wading across and could just balance rock to rock.

This was not a bad hike, however, as with other reviews, the trail is barely marked with many water crossings. It got to a point where we just didn't care if we got wet. We just waded through. At some points, the water was over my knees but I'm short. There was not much elevation for about the first 3 miles or so, after which it became very steep. We hiked after a week of rain, so this steep rocky part of the trail was very challenging both up and down. We did Middle Tripyramid on this hike. I still need North Tripyramid but am not looking forward to doing this trail any time soon. Some in my group hiked Pine Bend and tell me its worse.

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Pretty strenuous on the steep portions, but with no real views and pretty much nonexistent trail markings I won’t be doing this one again.

Pine Bend Brook Trail wasn’t bad at all but Sabbaday Brook Trail was just terrible, we did most of it at night and once you start crossing the brook (7 or 8 times!) you have to search for the trail almost every time because there’s no cairn or obvious blaze to mark the stream crossing exit. After what turned out to be the last crossing we searched for the trail without any luck, until we decided to just bushwhack by dead reckoning and staying near the brook. 10 minutes or so later we came to the wide portion of the trail, and found that the trail was closed for maintenance. Ya think? It just doesn’t seem like it’d be too much trouble for someone to hike it with a couple cans of spray paint every year and refresh the blazes.

The steep portion of Sabbaday Brook Trail (the first 1/2 mile of the descent) is crazy steep - over 1000’ in 1/2 mile - and looks like it’d be almost suicidal in the rain. It was definitely a challenge going down.

The challenge is really this trail’s only strong point, if you’re not hiking the 4Ks then don’t bother.

Sunday, May 21, 2017

This trail had some unexpected challenges. We left 5/17 and it was in the 90s at base. The ascent to Passaconaway was relentless, the. The decent into Whiteface brought waist high snow drifts. We ended up camping out two nights after trudging up the bleak Sleepers trail to the Tripyramids. From there down Sabbaday was a good hike with stunning views and well worth the blood and sweat.

Monday, October 17, 2016

Challenging. I descending from the Tripyramids. There were numerous stream crossings. I did it last year when the water was hight.

Friday, October 14, 2016

Blazes are very faint and trail is hard to see at times.

Friday, July 15, 2016

Hiking the tripyramids from this trail will give you some challenges, the trial is barely marked, the yellow blazes are worn or hard to see, you must cross the sabbaday brook 4 times so be observant for where the trail picks up again on the other side, one part of the trail after a long straight section seems to lead you out onto a clear island next to the stream but the trail is a sharp left before this, always back track if you lose trail. Getting to the ridge it becomes rocky and very steep leading to the summit sign, I hiked down at night and required a lot of my seances of direction, I had to be observant and stop to search for a blaze or pink tape, It was a treat to see sabbaday falls at the end giving me a feeling of relief.

Saturday, August 19, 2017