Tin Mountain Trail

Tin Mountain Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Jackson Falls, New Hampshire that features a cave and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cave

Conservation land that is dog friendly. Includes Tin Mine.

1 hour ago

Got so lost! we started this hike thinking it it was a loop. It's not. It was a very nice hike suitable for kids. Ponds to find and a mine to explore. pay attention to where you are. All-in-all it was a fun time.

More of a nice local resource than a great destination. We enjoyed our very quiet walk in the woods; no one else on the trails today. We may return, especially if we can learn exactly where the cave, or adit, is.

Poor signage.. we went around but never saw cave.. do not recommend unless you like to go in circles

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

meh.

Friday, July 07, 2017

As you can see from my route, we didn't make it very far. However, that was the plan as I had my four year old with me and I knew we would not get too deep. I wasn't sure where the cave was. I started counter clockwise and it was perfect as the cave was only a few hundred yards in. If you have a young one that is not on your back I would recommend you go that way. We took our time and told stories and explored the cave. It was a great day.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Easy trail, great for kids. No great view at the summit but glimpses of the surrounding mountains here and there. Cool little pond with lots of giant tadpoles. The kids had a quick swim. Also the tin mine is cool to see. Bring a head lamp.

Saturday, July 22, 2017