Thompson Falls Trail

Thompson Falls Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gorham, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It was a bit hard to find the trailhead, wish it was better marked but I'm glad we stuck it out and asked around. The falls were nice, we didn't get all the way to the top because we had some small kids but we were happy with what we saw!

Nice quick hike. While it is a series of three waterfalls, the first is the tallest. Don’t stop there though. Cross the stream and continue up a slight grade until you see the sign that says “end of trail”. Not easy to find trailhead. Enter parking lot “C” of Wildcat ski area and proceed until you cross a small cement bridge. The trailhead will be on your left. If you get to the parking lot, you passed it.

super easy hike with a great reward! we went the day after a rainstorm and the falls were roaring! barely steep at all, if ever and great for all skill levels!

Short and easy great for kids with some beautiful Falls at the end !

Saturday, August 20, 2016

short easy hike nice swimming holes but w no rain the falls were sad

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Did this one on a whim and because Wildcat wasnt open for the summer yet when we arrived there. Pleasantly surprised by the beautiful waterfall at the end. Saw lots of Pink Lady Slippers on the trail. Not a tough hike, definitely easy, but still worth it. All the times I have been to Wildcat I had no idea this even existed. I'm glad it was closed and that I had my AMC White Mountain Day Hikes book with me!

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Nice beginner snowshoe. Would be great for families.

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Awesome secluded walked up the river on the rocks found a little clean pool to cool off in. One tiny water fall but still fun!

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Good hike, not really a waterfall though

Monday, August 07, 2017