Ted's Trail to Carolyn's Trail Loop

Ted's Trail to Carolyn's Trail Loop is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Greenfield, New Hampshire that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice hike but easy to get lost. We took Teds trail up and followed the markers the whole way, but missed the direct route to top. It's not well marked and recommend following the map here as there are no signs for it. The hike is quiet and serene w nice views at the top. We did get a bit bored as the scenery is the same the whole way up and down.

Did this trail with my niece a few weeks back and had a good time. Scenic and moderately easy with a few steep points. However it is not that well marked in a few spots and we went off the trail a few times and had to back track. I'll probably do it again in the fall.

Great hike! Ted’s trail follows a stream and has a small waterfall. When you get near the summit there are multiple vista points and good spots for sitting to have lunch. If you bring binoculars (or have good eye sight) on a clear day you can see Boston from the Southeastern vista point. There are wild blueberry bushes at the top that will probably bear fruit by July/August. Carolyn’s trail is easier so make sure to take that one back down.

Nice views, most of the trail is clearly marked. Enjoyable and scenic. Meet some nice people on the trail and we travel together for most of the trail.

Great little hike, stream was flowing full with winter run-off. We hiked in 1.5 miles and back, can’t wait to do the whole loop!

This was pretty good. We got lost off the trail a few times. It wasn’t super duper gorgeous (but still pretty good). Good views going up — nice waterfalls— but the summit didn’t have much to see. Took us just under 3 hours (but we did go at least 0.7 miles off course). I’m glad I did this hike but I don’t think I’ll do it again.

Took Teds trail up with our Westie dog, and found the whole hike got better and better as you ascend. Toward the top, we missed the direct route to the summit, but got back on track before taking the cliff trail. Eventually reached the top, with some unclear trail markings. Descended down Carolyn’s trail, which again was tricky to follow and find the path the start at the top. Easy clear path when you’ve descended a little. Overall great hike.

A great hike. My friends and I started on a misty morning and ended up taking Carolyn's trail up instead of Ted's trail by mistake. It has some more difficult spots but overall not that difficult. Made for a nice, enjoyable day. The scenery was pretty. Since it was cloudy, we didn't have the best view at the top but I would do this home again for sure. Next time we will be sure to take Ted's trail up.

One of my favorite hikes! View was great.

Hike was very pleasant. I started up Teds and came down from the summit view using Carolyn's trail. Ted's is very rocky with lots of tight treed forests going up. There are a few spots you have to scramble up some short climbs. There currently is no running stream or water falls going up Teds. The climb might start to feel like you are never going to get a view and then you come out of the trees with wonderful views.
The top has a huge cairn of rocks. Plenty of space to stretch out and relax without being within sight of other hikers.
I took Carolyn's trail to the right on the way back down. Very nice open pine and hardwood forests with a well marked trail. The hike back down was not too demanding but there are a few spots you want to slow down where it is steeper or slippery.
I would do this hike again if I lived closer.

Gorgeous views, the rambling little waterfall along Ted's Trail is lovely, definitely go up that way and not up Carolyn's. Tons of beautiful mushrooms and ghost pipe. My complaints are the awful bugs for half the hike, which really put a damper on a great outing, and the not-so-well-marked trails. I would recommend this in early spring or a cooler summer day with very good bug protection, and it is worth it for the rewards at the top.

Great hike, not much water in stream was kind of hopeful for that but views were amazing!

Trail is great. It was a little more demanding than I thought it would be. Pretty good climb to the top, but was worth it. I wouldn't want to take younger children on three trail though.

recorded Fun