Ted's Trail to Carolyn's Trail Loop

Ted's Trail to Carolyn's Trail Loop is a 4.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Greenfield, New Hampshire that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Took Teds trail up with our Westie dog, and found the whole hike got better and better as you ascend. Toward the top, we missed the direct route to the summit, but got back on track before taking the cliff trail. Eventually reached the top, with some unclear trail markings. Descended down Carolyn’s trail, which again was tricky to follow and find the path the start at the top. Easy clear path when you’ve descended a little. Overall great hike.

A great hike. My friends and I started on a misty morning and ended up taking Carolyn's trail up instead of Ted's trail by mistake. It has some more difficult spots but overall not that difficult. Made for a nice, enjoyable day. The scenery was pretty. Since it was cloudy, we didn't have the best view at the top but I would do this home again for sure. Next time we will be sure to take Ted's trail up.

One of my favorite hikes! View was great.

Hike was very pleasant. I started up Teds and came down from the summit view using Carolyn's trail. Ted's is very rocky with lots of tight treed forests going up. There are a few spots you have to scramble up some short climbs. There currently is no running stream or water falls going up Teds. The climb might start to feel like you are never going to get a view and then you come out of the trees with wonderful views.
The top has a huge cairn of rocks. Plenty of space to stretch out and relax without being within sight of other hikers.
I took Carolyn's trail to the right on the way back down. Very nice open pine and hardwood forests with a well marked trail. The hike back down was not too demanding but there are a few spots you want to slow down where it is steeper or slippery.
I would do this hike again if I lived closer.

Gorgeous views, the rambling little waterfall along Ted's Trail is lovely, definitely go up that way and not up Carolyn's. Tons of beautiful mushrooms and ghost pipe. My complaints are the awful bugs for half the hike, which really put a damper on a great outing, and the not-so-well-marked trails. I would recommend this in early spring or a cooler summer day with very good bug protection, and it is worth it for the rewards at the top.