Sweet Trail

Sweet Trail is a 4.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Durham, New Hampshire that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Four miles long from Longmarsh Road in Durham to the Great Bay Estuary in Newmarket, the Sweet Trail leads hikers by a remarkable array of upland forests, freshwater wetlands and tidal salt marsh. The Sweet Trail winds its way from second generation forests to Great Bay, a unique estuarine ecosystem of local, regional, and national significance. The estuary provides a rich aquatic habitat that supports more than 150 rare plant and animal species, and 55 exemplary natural communities.

This would have been a nice nature walk if it weren't for the bugs. My wife and I both sprayed our exposed skin with bug spray but at the end of the day I had over 30 bites through my shirt.

Beautiful. Lots of trail options, not a lot of people crowding them.

Beautiful trails for snowshoeing

Hidden gem in the Seacoast

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Too buggy!!!!!

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Sunday, June 05, 2016

It was fun with my friend and our dogs. I wish the trails were marked better. Good hike

Tuesday, May 24, 2016