Sunset Hill Trail

Sunset Hill Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Newbury, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

I really enjoyed this hike this morning. Uphill enough to make me stop to rest once or twice but the trail was wide, moss and pine needle covered most of the way up. The view was beautiful. We took the long way down which was also nice with a wildflower and tall grass path for a little while. Another uphill bit and down through peaceful woods to our starting point.

Did this hike with my 5 year old daughter and toddler son (in his pack) great view at the top. Follow the trail as directed and then when you come to a clear fork of going straight or left go left to get to the top. Overall it's a good hike, I would not rate it as easy because the last bit is quite steep but it is a nice work out. I would do it again! I think it was somewhere around 2.5 miles up and back.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Steep

Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Sunday, August 02, 2015

Saturday, April 23, 2011

This is a good family hike. It starts near the gatehouse, travels through the woods to Lake Sunapee and on to the Main house. An interesting historic site with superb gardens.