Sugar River Trail

Sugar River Trail is a 10.4 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Claremont, New Hampshire that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

Great trail if you start by a trail head. Very little litter and some police presence. Many parts become softer sand and a few of the people using off road equipment are respectful. I have recently been using the Northern Rail Trail due to them not allowing off-road vehicles. Last time I used this trail dirt bikers thought it was fun to do wheelies and kick up dust everywhere.

great trail. loved that there different trail heads. made it easier to walk the whole trail. it took a few times but we did it in sections . great to see that there a place to go at the one end. I mean, eats off the trail. we didn't check that part out. I would hope there a dinner or something to go to.

Monday, September 05, 2016

We rarely have time to ride the tandem my husband built, and from some reviews about sandy soil, we were not sure. BUT it was great, a perfect Sunday late summer day with sunshine & no humidity. Started in Claremont; glad we did as trip back from Newport was slightly "downhill". ATV users were courteous & friendly as were dog walkers. Would like to snowshoe this scenic river trail if we have snow this winter. Good maintenance of entire trail. Thanks!

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Definitely used more for ATV's and biking. We live alongside the beginning of the trail in Newport. It is 10 miles from the start of the Newport Rec to just before Home Depot in Claremont. You won't get a big swear hiking it but snowshoeing, biking or running will do the trick!

Friday, August 29, 2014

This branch of the Sugar runs along the famous and historical Blue Mountain Forest Hunting Preserve, known by locals as Corbin Park. Very scenic area with a rich history.

Friday, August 29, 2014