Stinson Mountain Trail

Stinson Mountain Trail is a 3.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Rumney, New Hampshire that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Gradual climb good for beginners, rated as a moderate hike

Definitely a moderate hike. As others have said, it's a steady climb the entire way up. I'm a novice hiker and I would say it took me a solid hour and 20 minutes, stopping along the way. The trail is very poorly marked (if at all) but I had an AMC trail guide with me that really helped -- and I'd recommend. When I went up I only passed one other group as I was arriving, it allowed me to hike with my dog off the leash. The view is "okay" by White Mountain standards, but I think during foliage season it would be a great view. I'm not sure I'd take small children -- while the trail itself is well kept, I'd say it's a hike you as a parent don't want to have to carry your child.

We recommend dry conditions, no rain for several days previous as the trail is rocky and slippery when wet. My personal device recorded 4 miles in and out. The trail starts out very gradual but the steady incline steepens towards the top. The trail is not particularly well marked but usually obvious. The pano views at the top are outstanding.

Choose weather wisely. View isn't up to much on overcast days but limited chances to get up here on vacation. Also if you can do it without a 35 lb kid on your back that would improve things.

Very rocky but a good hike. At the top you can see Rumney and Plymouth. Mnt Cardigan off to your right. Good hike for kids not to long.

Love this hike! Approximately 45 minutes to the top with a spectacular view

great bang for your buck. beautiful views from the top looking south. view of Stinson Lake down a short hike from the top

Quick did it in 45 great view from the top

Trail started out great. Nice low-grade incline for about a 1/4 mile, and then it was basically a consistent, semi-steep climb to the top. Very crappy in a lot of places, i.e. Swamp, mud, loose rocks, etc. However, the views were spectacular. There was a nice clearing at the top which overlooked most of Plymouth and the hills surrounding it. Beautiful view of the windmills as well.

Definitely wait to see what the past couple days of weather look like before trying it because there was a point where I had no choice but to walk through shallow water in order to continue. I would wait for a week with absolutely no rain before going. Absolutely bring an extra pair of socks just in case.

Great view but super buggy, muddy, and not well maintained but at least it's short.

Nice hike with grandsons & daughter. Still some snow and mud on trail, t-shirts were enough for most of the hike.

Excellent trail for family and dogs. Hiked in with friends on a Saturday mid day in early November. Temp to start was 40 at trailhead. Dropped to 34 at peak and wind picked up but you get out of the wind quickly when descending from the peak so.......Beautiful views at the peak. Lots of room for others at peak trailhead. Enjoyed a picnic lunch and the views. Up and down with 3 boys in age from 8-12 in about 2.5 hours.

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Very rocky, lots of bugs , trees fallen in path ways, muddy.... Oh did I mention VERY Rocky!
I didn't think the view was worth the trip...
Be careful it's an ankle twister!

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Nice hike. In the trees the whole way until you summit. Small summit with great views, nice places to sit. Sharp drops from the summit so be cautious if kids or dogs summit first. Parking for five or six cars easily at the trailhead. Very few people on July 3rd.