Sentinel Mountain Trail

Sentinel Mountain Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Center Tuftonboro, New Hampshire that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I am not sure I found the correct trailhead as my hike up to the top was less than 1 mile. Trail did have red markers and woman at camp store on Bents road had directed me there. It was a nice trail but much shorter than I had anticipated. Very steep at the very end but it was mostly ground and a few larger rocks so manageable for both my dog and me.

Fun Mountain off a beaten path that I feel is a little gem!! I would agree moderate terrain of a nice uphill climb with a great view! will do again!!!

Nice little hike. Almost all up hill

Though the parking area wasn't snow plowed, I was able to park on the side of the road and access the trail. Once on it was really well marked with frequent signs and red trailblazers panted on the trees. Decently steep, it was a great workout for snowshoeing. There had been a really big snow about a week ago and my tracks were the first on the trail. About .3 from the summit there were loads of fresh moose tracks, so I turned around to play it safe since I had my dog off leash with me. Snowmobilers were close by but on different trails so I didn't come across them at all even though I could hear them.