Seacoast Science Center and Founder's Monument

Seacoast Science Center and Founder's Monument is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rye, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from December until February. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

beach

historic site

We drove all the way from Boston to hike here because it said it was dog friendly. When we arrived we were informed that dogs weren't allowed anywhere in the park. We went to Urban Forestry Center which was nearby and allowed dogs on leashes and had a great time.

This place holds so many memories for my family and I. My Father was stationed here in the forties when it was Fort Dearborn. In the seventies, us teens could get inside the "bunkers" and explore sub basements and everything else. Now I return often to backpack and show my grandkids the place.

This beautiful trail combines great views of the ocean, tide pools, rocky shore and glimpses into the history of the area. It's fairly short and although not well marked, it's still easy to find your way around.

Loved the amount of trails that lead to and around the break water. Our loop ended up being about 3.7 miles, and we didn't even see all of the park.

Monday, September 05, 2016

One of the nicest trails in the Seacoast. You can make it as long or as short as you want. Trails in excellent shape this year and wider due to a habitat restoration completed throughout the park this summer.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Nice walk with plenty of off shoots to make it longer or shorter. Great views of the ocean. Plenty of parking. You can stroll all the way to the Seacoast Science Center. Personally I prefer to go prior to the heavy tourist season.

Friday, June 24, 2016

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Saturday, May 21, 2016

A nice easy stroll on the coast with pretty views over the water.

Taking a walk to the bunker and looking at the historic elements of the park adds an element of interest to the walk.

Saturday, April 23, 2016