Saco Lake and Elephant Head Trail

Saco Lake and Elephant Head Trail is a 0.7 mile out and back trail located near Twin Mountain, New Hampshire. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hiked this trail today with my wife and 3 year old daughter. My wife and I are experienced and helped our daughters a little of course but it was an easy hike that leads to a beautiful view point of my favorite area of the white mountains (Crawford Notch). The snow pack made it more beautiful and fun for all of us!

Great with kid dad did it in winters

Great little hike through the forest! Unfortunately it was too foggy the morning I hiked for me to see anything from the top. I'll be going back on a better day to see what I'm sure are incredible views.

Great hike, wonderful views. Did it with my husband and my 2yr old son who loved every bit of it

I would definitely say this is a Moderate level trail! Pretty steep in places, but the views are totally worth it!

a hidden gem! phenomenal view from the top. quick, easy hike. teeny bit steep at times, but very doable for even a beginner!

Great, quick spur of the moment hike with a gorgeous view!

quick, easy, kid friendly, nice view!

one of the most rewarding hikes with very minimal effort, perfect for a quick excursion.

great little hike with 4 year old.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

This was a nice short hike. It does have some steep spots and a lot of rocks,roots, and things to walk over.little ones have to pay attention or they may trip. We went in June at the trail was quite wet, but they had logs and wood planks to get over the wet parts. We had a 3 and 5 year old and they were fine. The 5 year old shot right up the trail easily. The view is fantastic for such a short little hike.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

I took my 4 year old daughter for her first hike at Elephant Head. It was great for this age group. Nice hike with a beautiful view!

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Great little hike to stretch the legs and get a nice view.

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

This was a beautiful little short hike. Was just what we needed to get started hiking again. Trail was in decent shape and easy to follow. As Chuck said, this is a great value for the short hike.Starting at the elevation of Crawford Notch makes the view down towards North Conway impressive.

Monday, November 12, 2012

If you are looking for a nice view in a very short hike, this is it. Access is near the AMC Center at Crawfords (across the street). Highly recommended for young children.

Saturday, November 12, 2016