Ripley Falls Trail is a 1.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Bartlett, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.1 miles Elevation Gain: 308 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Great hike last week. The waterfall was very full. Beautiful to see early spring. The trail was a little muddy but easy.

Cool waterfall. Quick hike

A short hike with a waterfall at the end of the trail. It was muddy probably because of the rain last night. But wasn’t hard to hike much. The falls is a great view though. Should have hiked early in the morning cause the place started getting busier during the day.

Took my 2 oldest kids .. was a great hike but some sketchy ledges ... still some snow near the falls... very slick

Soft well traveled snowshoe path through a winter wonderland. Perfect conditions except that one could wish to be about as tall as a hobbit when in the low hanging evergreens. Trip to Ripley Falls was worth it.

Quick pretty trail. Would def check it out again.

recorded Recording - Oct 12, 05:38 PM

fee

This is a dog friendly trail but was muddy.

Beautiful falls.

Enjoyable, but challenging, trail. There was no one at the falls when we were there. Would like to see it in Spring when the water would be much greater. Hiked during middle of the week-not much traffic. If you park at the small area right where you turn off from Hwy 302, you can save the $5 fee that is charged if you drive to the start of the trail up the hill. Its about a 5 minute walk to get up to the pay parking area.

This is a nice short hike to an impressive waterfall in Crawford Notch. It is advertised as 1.1 mile loop but recorded 1.5 on our walk today. Not a big deal but wanted to point out the difference. There are a couple if large trees across the trail that you either go over or under.

The trail leading to the waterfall is located above a stream with a fairly steep drop off. It was well marked but required some maneuvering through trees roots and rocks. The waterfall itself was beautiful! We just caught the last of a group of repellers coming down the falls. They were filming. There are lots of little pools that you can make your way through to the bottom of the falls. A great, short trail with a high reward.

Wonderful hike to the falls! Was able to watch a group repel down the waterfall with a guide.

Great early morning family hike for me, hubby, and 4 year old. Trail isn't easy but definitely doable for inexperienced hikers; once you get into the trail it's clearly marked with blue markers. it's rocky/rooty but my 4yo managed great! there are some areas that we're slightly muddy but mostly avoidable - I imagine depending on time of year and weather it might be more muddy in some areas. the waterfall is a scenic end that everyone enjoyed. overall took us about 60-90 minutes in and out.

family friendly trail. took about 20 minutes from the trailhead. add 5 minutes if walking up the paved road. dipped our feet in the pools and relaxed. very popular spot. falls were beautiful.

These are truly unique and spectacular falls. Very tall and scenic, but what makes the falls unique is that they slide down a large smooth rock face instead of "falling" of a precipice. It was fairly peaceful and "Zen" there, even though it was fairly crowded. My comments are about the trail. I hiked this with my wife and 2 kids, 5 and 11. This was a tough trail for the kids. Some relatively steep and rocky parts made it difficult for the 5 year old. The trail was also fairly difficult to find. You have to pull up the hill off Crawford Notch Rd. This was confusing because there really was no signage, and all of these cars were parked on the road (I later discovered there was an entrance to the Appalachian Trail there). At the top of the hill there was a small parking lot, with again no signage that I saw for the falls. We just started in, crossed a cool old Railroad, and made our way in. We finally found out we were in the right place by asking some hikers coming down. Again, these were wonderful falls, but a tough trail for kids, and sparse direction made it a bit less than perfect.

Nice short hike. Beautiful falls. No bugs to speak of. We got caught in quite a rainstorm on the way back...it was refreshing

Nice short easy trail, bit of a struggle for my parents to go across roots, but manageable. Lots of bugs, don’t forget bug spray. Trail is well marked

Great view of exposed branches on the way up and back with an amazing large falls (as said in the name) at the end. Worth the hike!

Hiking with my 2yo and 6yo today. They were able to navigate this trail pretty well. There were a few spots that were pretty rocky and they had to scramble over a bit (but they love that). My littlest was in the carrier for about 1/2 the walk and I had little trouble navigating the trail with the pack on. The waterfall was really beautiful and we stayed and played on the rocks and dipped in the small pools before heading back. Well maintained and marked trail with a breathtaking view at the end- worth it!

Great trail if you are into a short hike and nice waterfall :) I did this trail with my 64 years old father, the walk was just fine and the waterfall is nice! When we reached the waterfall I put my legs in the cold water flow coming from the waterfall.

Great short trail to a beautiful water fall with crystal clear COLD pool of water at the top that is so glorious to take a dip in on a hot day! We parked right off the highway and had to walk about 15 minutes uphill on a paved road to the actual trail head so don’t get tricked and drive on up to the trailhead. You’ll pass railroad tracks at the beginning and you’re heading the right way. The trail is really well marked with blue paint on rocks and trees the whole way. Some spots take some maneuvering- rocks and tree roots to navigate through. At the very end there is a quick drop down to the base of the waterfall where you have to climb rocks a bit, but most of the trail is a small incline or flat in places.

gorgeous was there yesterday morning