Rattlesnake Mountain Trail

Rattlesnake Mountain Trail is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rumney, New Hampshire that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Note: The above picture is from form a different trail, NOT this trail. (West Rattlesnake Mountain via Old Bridle Trail)

This trail immediately starts off on an incline and the incline only gets worse before leveling out for the most part on the loop - which still has some small variances in elevation. There is NOT a lake view but you do get a view of windmills which ruin the experience in my opinion. To the north you can see Carr Mountain, Mt. Kineo and Stinson Mountain, to the south views of Mt. Cardigan and Tenney Mountain are visible.

Parking can be a nightmare. The lot only holds 5 cars (if people don't hog space). As an alternative if you're with a group and have 2 or more vehicles you can park at the cliffs where people rock climb about a half mile away and shuttle to the trailhead.

Went on rainy day the river was running not a lot of hikers were out so my daughter and I had a great hike would go back

Easy hike with great view over the lake.

This hike should not be listed as easy. Luckily I read the below posts so I was prepared for a work out. I went early in the morning and the mosquitos were very hungry. View at the top was beautiful and there are wild blueberries everywhere. I didn't see a lake and I searched all around.

The climb up is steep but the views are nice and there are a ton of wild blueberries at the top! It's fun to hike the small ridge at the top as the loop continues back down.

We had a great hike and we're surprised at the top by all the wild blueberries! Great views and nice trail.

As mentioned, this trail is confused with the Holderness Rattlesnake. As a novice hiker I found this to be a little challenging as it was very steep most of the way up. I don't suggest hiking this trail in wet conditions due to the high likelihood of slipping on the way down. Great view from the top which made it all worth it

A well maintained trail. Very few exposed roots. The trail is a bit steep in sections but the lack of obstacles, dry conditions, and boots that bite, makes the trail easier to travel. The trail is fairly wide and the lower part of the trail allows walking side by side.

As advertised - it's a wide, rocky, mod steep climb to the top. The views at the top are awesome. This trail gets confused with another local rattlesnake trail. I didn't see any water from the top. Cheers!

This was a difficult climb for me as a novice hiker, and you need to take care as the climb is steep almost the entire way up. Coming back down is also needing care if the trail is wet, as slipping and falling is a possibility. My dog truly enjoyed the entire loop, tho! The loop has a larger panoramic view, and the trail is well marked.

Amazing views at the top! Absolutely worth the hike!