Rattlesnake Mountain Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rumney, New Hampshire that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Took my sister and I one hour 25 minutes round trip. Agree with previous review to take right fork of loop both for view and trail.

Great first hike of this.
1hr 20 minutes round trip. 40 up. (44 yr old dad w/ 10 yr old boy) both of us were huffing and puffing on the reasonably steep uphill.
Fantastic views at the top overlooking Rumney and east towards Plymouth.

Great 360 vistas on top

Really nice and easy trail. It took us not more than 30 min to get to the top and the view is spectacular. The parking is a bit hard to find since the sign is small and wooden attached to a tree.
There was some traffic on the trail but not too much- I went on a week day and it was after Labour Day, so maybe that made the difference.
Looking forward to going back there soon.

I hiked on a weekday as I've been told weekends are very busy and hard to find parking. I did not see anyone the way up and just at the bottom I ran into a family. The view was breathtaking at the top. I suggest if you are hiking the loop when you get to the fork in the trail go to the right it will set you up for the exciting view at the top. It was a bit buggy near the top.

Very good small hike. Has it all!

Quick climb, good for beginners. The view is worth it!!!

Great views nice hike

A Good Easy short climb. Good start to Beginners. Gets a little steep at times. But worth the views on top.

Great short trail! Pretty steep most of the way up, make sure to wear good boots, especially for the descent. The view from the summit was well worth the work!

Definitely steep for the first portion of he hike gaining most of the elevation quickly in the hike. Views from the top were great! Only saw one other person on the way down. However, beware, very buggy this time of year, one of the buggiest hikes I have done recently!

Excellent views from the top!

I would agree with other as I feel this hike was more moderately paced. The view fro the summit is beautiful especially in the fall. Well worth the trip to hike again for this Connecticut native .

Sunday, October 22, 2017

We hiked this trail Monday last week and were the only ones on it! This is a very steep climb which gets you to the top fairly quickly. There are a couple of false summits and then when you get to the real summit WOW what a view! We were able to see gorgeous foliage reds, orange, yellow and green. Going down was more difficult than anticipated. As someone mentioned earlier the acorns really cover this trail, with the steep hike it almost felt like rollerblading down the mountain! Take your time!! We are two new hikers and with going very slow and stopping for a while at the top it took us 2 hours.

Very well marked trail
Make sure you do the whole loop at the top

Friday, October 13, 2017

This is not an easy trail as it is very steep. we could not reach the end as it involves climbing a large rock that was sleek with rain and slippery. the trail is beautiful but you need good shoes. the acorns make it slippery. Would go back.

Sunday, September 24, 2017

The assent was surprising for an easy trail but well worth the view I guess the tree grew up so I missed the view of the water

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Would definitely say the ascent is moderate, and then the views from the top are very beautiful.

Monday, September 04, 2017

This hike was definitely MODERATE and pretty strait up for almost the first half, when you get to the fork you can go either way. That's the loop part. The view at the top was a beautiful view of Rumney and all surrounding mnts. All in all it was a good hike

Saturday, September 02, 2017

This trail is NOT easy and is not the one pictured here. This hike is pretty steep and should be considered moderate, at the very least. There is however a beautiful view from the top, including the wind mills on Tenney Mountain and the Baker River (?). The trail that I suspect is referenced here, and would be considered easy, is the Old Bridle Path in Holderness.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Note: The above picture is from form a different trail, NOT this trail. (West Rattlesnake Mountain via Old Bridle Trail)

This trail immediately starts off on an incline and the incline only gets worse before leveling out for the most part on the loop - which still has some small variances in elevation. There is NOT a lake view but you do get a view of windmills which ruin the experience in my opinion. To the north you can see Carr Mountain, Mt. Kineo and Stinson Mountain, to the south views of Mt. Cardigan and Tenney Mountain are visible.

Parking can be a nightmare. The lot only holds 5 cars (if people don't hog space). As an alternative if you're with a group and have 2 or more vehicles you can park at the cliffs where people rock climb about a half mile away and shuttle to the trailhead.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Went on rainy day the river was running not a lot of hikers were out so my daughter and I had a great hike would go back

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Easy hike with great view over the lake.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

This hike should not be listed as easy. Luckily I read the below posts so I was prepared for a work out. I went early in the morning and the mosquitos were very hungry. View at the top was beautiful and there are wild blueberries everywhere. I didn't see a lake and I searched all around.

Monday, July 17, 2017

The climb up is steep but the views are nice and there are a ton of wild blueberries at the top! It's fun to hike the small ridge at the top as the loop continues back down.

Saturday, July 15, 2017

We had a great hike and we're surprised at the top by all the wild blueberries! Great views and nice trail.

Thursday, July 06, 2017

As mentioned, this trail is confused with the Holderness Rattlesnake. As a novice hiker I found this to be a little challenging as it was very steep most of the way up. I don't suggest hiking this trail in wet conditions due to the high likelihood of slipping on the way down. Great view from the top which made it all worth it

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

A well maintained trail. Very few exposed roots. The trail is a bit steep in sections but the lack of obstacles, dry conditions, and boots that bite, makes the trail easier to travel. The trail is fairly wide and the lower part of the trail allows walking side by side.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

As advertised - it's a wide, rocky, mod steep climb to the top. The views at the top are awesome. This trail gets confused with another local rattlesnake trail. I didn't see any water from the top. Cheers!

Thursday, June 08, 2017

This was a difficult climb for me as a novice hiker, and you need to take care as the climb is steep almost the entire way up. Coming back down is also needing care if the trail is wet, as slipping and falling is a possibility. My dog truly enjoyed the entire loop, tho! The loop has a larger panoramic view, and the trail is well marked.

Friday, June 02, 2017

Amazing views at the top! Absolutely worth the hike!