Rattlesnake Mountain Trail

Rattlesnake Mountain Trail is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rumney, New Hampshire that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We hiked this trail Monday last week and were the only ones on it! This is a very steep climb which gets you to the top fairly quickly. There are a couple of false summits and then when you get to the real summit WOW what a view! We were able to see gorgeous foliage reds, orange, yellow and green. Going down was more difficult than anticipated. As someone mentioned earlier the acorns really cover this trail, with the steep hike it almost felt like rollerblading down the mountain! Take your time!! We are two new hikers and with going very slow and stopping for a while at the top it took us 2 hours.

Very well marked trail
Make sure you do the whole loop at the top

This is not an easy trail as it is very steep. we could not reach the end as it involves climbing a large rock that was sleek with rain and slippery. the trail is beautiful but you need good shoes. the acorns make it slippery. Would go back.

The assent was surprising for an easy trail but well worth the view I guess the tree grew up so I missed the view of the water

Would definitely say the ascent is moderate, and then the views from the top are very beautiful.

This hike was definitely MODERATE and pretty strait up for almost the first half, when you get to the fork you can go either way. That's the loop part. The view at the top was a beautiful view of Rumney and all surrounding mnts. All in all it was a good hike

This trail is NOT easy and is not the one pictured here. This hike is pretty steep and should be considered moderate, at the very least. There is however a beautiful view from the top, including the wind mills on Tenney Mountain and the Baker River (?). The trail that I suspect is referenced here, and would be considered easy, is the Old Bridle Path in Holderness.

Note: The above picture is from form a different trail, NOT this trail. (West Rattlesnake Mountain via Old Bridle Trail)

This trail immediately starts off on an incline and the incline only gets worse before leveling out for the most part on the loop - which still has some small variances in elevation. There is NOT a lake view but you do get a view of windmills which ruin the experience in my opinion. To the north you can see Carr Mountain, Mt. Kineo and Stinson Mountain, to the south views of Mt. Cardigan and Tenney Mountain are visible.

Parking can be a nightmare. The lot only holds 5 cars (if people don't hog space). As an alternative if you're with a group and have 2 or more vehicles you can park at the cliffs where people rock climb about a half mile away and shuttle to the trailhead.

Went on rainy day the river was running not a lot of hikers were out so my daughter and I had a great hike would go back

Easy hike with great view over the lake.

This hike should not be listed as easy. Luckily I read the below posts so I was prepared for a work out. I went early in the morning and the mosquitos were very hungry. View at the top was beautiful and there are wild blueberries everywhere. I didn't see a lake and I searched all around.