Potash Mountain

Potash Mountain is a 4 mile out and back trail located near Conway, New Hampshire. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Went with my mom on a too warm day. Hopped over a river and a down tree. The top is pretty steep with slabs of rock. Can be slippery. Not many people on the trail. Very nice views! Blueberries scattered throughout.

First off....there was nothing “easy” about this hike. But, with that said, it was a fun beautiful hike with amazing views. Had to cross a brook by jumping from rock to rock (and not falling). Some steep parts that can be slippery when wet. Not many people there. Had the summit to myself. All in all, great hike!

Stunning views from the ledge along the way and from the top. I would not rate this trail as easy, more like moderate due to steep, rocky incline of the top half of the trail. There is one water crossing right at the beginning that we easily crossed without getting wet. There were tons of blue dragonflies on the summit. Great hike!!!

not that easy but the views are amazing

Not an “Easy” Trail. Steep.

This was a great hike, though I would not rate as easy. I don't frequently "mountain" hike but am an active individual! As others have said, the hike starts out as a stroll and gradually increases after crossing the river. Portions of the trail leading up to the first ledge/view point can be strenuous. After the first view point the trail decreases in difficulty for a bit before the final scramble. The top offers AMAZING views! I can't believe the payoff is so rich for such a relatively short hike.

The bugs weren't too bad, though I was thoroughly covered in repellant. And traffic was minimal.

wouldn’t rate this as “easy” but it is definitely a great shorter hike! some steep parts and a bit of a scramble getting to the summit. our pup had no troubles and enjoyed it with us!

I would give it another star if the bugs weren’t so bad yesterday. I took the logging road alternative up to the trail and finally had to put my bug jacket on. After the ledges they were better. The logging road is nice on the way down because you can let you legs out and take long strides. Coming down on the trail, I kept wanting to go left or down following the stones for water runoff and had to keep myself “right” or higher to stay on the path.

A fun and challenging trail with two amazing views at and near the top. First half of trail is fairly simple and the second half can be a bit strenuous. Some bare rock faces that force you to take your time, and some interesting looking root systems to clamber over!

Great, short hike in the area. 1.5 hours up, 1 hour down. Great views and not too difficult

Great family hike on a dry overcast day. Three kids under 10 with a little careful scrambling at the top. Awesome views starting at the ledge and then at the peak with North east view of a snow patchy Mount Washington.

The brook crossing was moderately difficult on a humid, October day. It’s easy-moderate for the first half of the hike, then there is a steep, eroded section leading to the first overlook. From then on, it’s pretty steep and rocky, I would certainly not rate it as “easy.” When we went, it was too foggy to see anything from the summit, but I hear that there are great views north on a clear day. Luckily, we had some decent views lower down on the mountain, and the foliage was great.

lost from list added it back.

I Snowshoed 3/4 the way then went to boots & crampons. Some areas only had 2 in. of lite snow ,other areas where well packed on the trail. First water crossing was very hazardous . High water ice , 30 ft. across. It was a little dicey!!! Great day 28* F cloudy .

Great short hike to take up a few hours. It’s a steady (easy) incline for the first mile and a half. The last half mile is steep and I would rate it as moderate. Most people before us used snowshoes, but the trail was hard and just light traction was needed. Snow falling made views non existent. Definitely going to do this one again!

Fairly easy hike. Aside from last half mile (where you’re almost climbing straight up granite slabs) it’s a good steady incline. Hiked it yesterday and had to navigate through some icy spots, so just watch for black ice as you’re approaching the last mile!

Great choice for a 1/2 day out. Very good bang for the effort views. Views of Church Pond across the Kanc and all the way to Mount Washington if you go around to the north side of summit...just choose your footing carefully so as to not harm the plant growth. The trail started as a nice stroll through the autumn colored forest before crossing the river. It gently steepened but not unreasonably so until the final approach to the summit. Good views of Hedgehog Mountain & the Tripyramids from an open ledge a short distance below the summit.

Great hike despite the fog. Last quarter of mile rather difficult due to big slabs of granite. Take the right hand split to summit for stairs and easier ascent/decent.

I guess I don’t understand the meaning of easy. This climb has steep scrambles. The view is gorgeous!

Good hike we enjoyed it. Not to easy not to hard? Just right and nice views.

Good hike we enjoyed it. Not to easy not to hard? Just right and nice views.

Great hike. Would call it moderate. Took us 2 hours up, 1.5 down, but we were moving slowly. Nice views. Swam in the river at the end!

Not my favorite trail. Some areas could have been marked better. Some steep and rocky sections towards the summit.

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Nice hike; moderate/easy not easy. Good views, not 360 degrees but a good 180. Easy for dogs.

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Nice hike with great view, took less than 3 hours

Sunday, July 09, 2017

great hike

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Loved this hike. Would rate it closer to moderate than easy. Crossing the river over the log was fun (made it!). The trails were roots and slabs of rock. (Would not recommend this in the rain)
Have fun keeping an eye out for The Pink Lady Slippers. .. The view was gorgeous. Storm clouds over the Mt peaks..spectacular.

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Was unable to cross the river today, water was too high and rocks were slick. Will try again soon.

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Beautiful hike...great trail across a river bed...nice upward hike through the woods....vein fed path lovely, turned into a nice steep climb with a great clearing. Then on to the top. A nice climb not too hard really got you breathing . Nice sights.Well worth the short hike.