Potash Mountain

Potash Mountain is a 4 mile out and back trail located near Conway, New Hampshire. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice hike; moderate/easy not easy. Good views, not 360 degrees but a good 180. Easy for dogs.

Nice hike with great view, took less than 3 hours

great hike

Loved this hike. Would rate it closer to moderate than easy. Crossing the river over the log was fun (made it!). The trails were roots and slabs of rock. (Would not recommend this in the rain)
Have fun keeping an eye out for The Pink Lady Slippers. .. The view was gorgeous. Storm clouds over the Mt peaks..spectacular.

Was unable to cross the river today, water was too high and rocks were slick. Will try again soon.

Beautiful hike...great trail across a river bed...nice upward hike through the woods....vein fed path lovely, turned into a nice steep climb with a great clearing. Then on to the top. A nice climb not too hard really got you breathing . Nice sights.Well worth the short hike.

This was a great trail to do on a sunny day. The trail shares the same entrance/parking as Mt Hedgehog and UNH trail. We only got a little hesitant at the first river crossing as we were talking too much . It's very easy and straight forward to follow trail. At 1.7 miles according to my GPS we came to a great overlook. The summit was fabulous for views a 360 degree photo opportunities. My wife and I loved this trail.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Did this trail with a friend for her first summit.

Starts moderately with a stream crossing. Then climbs gently for a while before a steeper incline to a nice view. After another incline there's some scrambling to the top.

This hike offers outstanding views for the relatively short mileage.

Definitely recommend this hike for all skill levels.

Monday, August 08, 2016

I hiked this with my 13y old son and friends. This was our first real climb and I would say it was enjoyable and perfect for our first mountain. Nice well marked trail. There is a fun river crossing early on. A little more than halfway up there is a rewarding lookout off one side off the mountain that inspires you to keep on hiking the top. We climbed the rest of the way to an even more spectacular view. Unobstructed mountain views in almost every direction from the top. Lots of flat rock up there to sit and take it all in. I'm looking forward to taking my younger kids up this one.