Potash Mountain

Potash Mountain is a 4 mile out and back trail located near Conway, New Hampshire. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

Loved this hike. Would rate it closer to moderate than easy. Crossing the river over the log was fun (made it!). The trails were roots and slabs of rock. (Would not recommend this in the rain)
Have fun keeping an eye out for The Pink Lady Slippers. .. The view was gorgeous. Storm clouds over the Mt peaks..spectacular.

Was unable to cross the river today, water was too high and rocks were slick. Will try again soon.

Beautiful hike...great trail across a river bed...nice upward hike through the woods....vein fed path lovely, turned into a nice steep climb with a great clearing. Then on to the top. A nice climb not too hard really got you breathing . Nice sights.Well worth the short hike.

This was a great trail to do on a sunny day. The trail shares the same entrance/parking as Mt Hedgehog and UNH trail. We only got a little hesitant at the first river crossing as we were talking too much . It's very easy and straight forward to follow trail. At 1.7 miles according to my GPS we came to a great overlook. The summit was fabulous for views a 360 degree photo opportunities. My wife and I loved this trail.

Did this trail with a friend for her first summit.

Starts moderately with a stream crossing. Then climbs gently for a while before a steeper incline to a nice view. After another incline there's some scrambling to the top.

This hike offers outstanding views for the relatively short mileage.

Definitely recommend this hike for all skill levels.

I hiked this with my 13y old son and friends. This was our first real climb and I would say it was enjoyable and perfect for our first mountain. Nice well marked trail. There is a fun river crossing early on. A little more than halfway up there is a rewarding lookout off one side off the mountain that inspires you to keep on hiking the top. We climbed the rest of the way to an even more spectacular view. Unobstructed mountain views in almost every direction from the top. Lots of flat rock up there to sit and take it all in. I'm looking forward to taking my younger kids up this one.

Did Mt Potash today with a friend who has done it before. I wouldn't say it was easy, maybe moderate. My GPS said we did 3.53 miles. That might be because if it loses signal in the forest, it doesn't log the distance. It rained hard this morning but fortunately cleared up as we pulled into the parking area. couple things to note: there's a boulder stream crossing towards the beginning and more importantly, if it's wet, the upper rock faces are very slippery!! Great hike though.

nice

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Loved this hike! Good for a half day excursion.

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Beautiful well marked trail. Fairly easy hike. Amazing views from the top.

Friday, May 13, 2016

Hedgehog loop

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Trail is in great shape, and the view spectacular.

Friday, August 22, 2014

I hiked this low peak in July 2014 and really enjoyed it. The crossing of Downes Brook in the beginning of the hike can be very intimidating and challenging in high water; I was forced to turn back because of this earlier that June. Be sure to take caution when crossing, using trekking poles for balancing along the often-slippery rocks. After Downes Brook, the trail is moderately steep, climbing through a gorgeous hemlock forest until reaching open ledges about 1.8 miles up. I counted 147 out-of-bloom Pink Lady's Slippers along the way up; I'll bet in spring this hike is even more fantastic with the splashes of pink and white along the trail. The open ledges toward the summit are a bit steep, climbing up at an incline until the true summit, with a spectacular panorama of the Swift River Valley, is achieved. Bondcliff, Mt. Bond and West Bond are easily visible ftom the top; so is nearby Mt. Hedgehog. This is a hike I would do again in a heartbeat.