Pitcher Mountain Trail

Pitcher Mountain Trail is a 0.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Stoddard, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A must! I watch the moon rise here

I've never been here so today I went up. Nice views. I wouldn't go again unless I was blueberry picking. Tons of blueberries

Nice little hike. Great family hike for inexperienced people. Nice views at top. Wish it was a little longer.

Great trail with lots of friendly people on a beautiful Sunday afternoon! The weather was beautiful and the clear skies gave the summit views for miles.

I brought my two dogs, one of which is skittish around other dogs. While there were a number of dogs on the trail, which was totally fine, there were two dogs off leash. One ran right up to us while I held my dogs close. Thankfully the owner came over quickly before anything escalated too much and got her dog back on lead. The other was picked up by their owner before it got to us. That was a little frustrating, but a norm on the trails.

Please keep your dogs on lead! Even if you know your dog would never hurt another, don't trust other people's dogs! My big GSDs could really hurt another dog that runs up on us unexpectedly.

absolutely beutifull atop the mountain. short hike with a huge payoff.

Sunday, December 04, 2016

Easy, scenic, panoramic views, and I'll have to do it again sometime.

Monday, August 22, 2016

Short but amazing views at the top along with thousands of wild blueberries if you happen to hike during blueberry season.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Great quick hike. If you go during blueberry season you will have a pretty amazing treat awaiting you at the top.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Fast and Quick. One of the easiest hikes to some of the best views.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Great view for such a short, easy hike.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Awesome short hike, great for kids. excellent views. But there is an electric fence running along the trail and it is not marked as electric. The puppy with us touched the fence with his nose. Other than that this is a great half day adventure.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Fast and easy with an amazing view. We took our 2 year old and he was fine. I had to pick him up quickly for a couple spots, and hold his hand a bit on the way down. Otherwise, easy for any age.

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Great hike for a group w/ a 5 and 8 yr old plus their pregnant mother due in less than a week!

Monday, March 14, 2016

Nice trail, not too bad of a climb even for me and I am pretty out of shape. Great views! Was up and down in about 40 minutes

Sunday, February 28, 2016

I live near by took a hike thru it and liked a lot. You see two trail one going to the Pitcher mountain the other is Monadnock Sumapee Greenway it goes to Wahington NH. I took the second trail. It takes like 3hrs the most in the hike. If you follow it you see two other trial on your right leads back to tower or Pitcher Mountain. After Awhile you see a Bluebarries field sign. You will see four way intersection left leads to blueberries field right goes to Washington NH. The straight trail is Monadnock Greenway it intersect the trail again. The right one goes for awhile then it hits a snowmobiles trail. If you go straight up the hill it end up a small pond where you have to keep right of the pond until you see a trail again. Then you will find intersection it will tell you left Marlow right Washington and Hillsboro NH the name of it is Jefts road and Monadnock Greenway trail truns left on Jefts Raod then you meet snowmobile trail and it is called Kings Highway. If you follow the snowmobile you will be on Kings Highway road right goes Hillsboro and Stoddard NH. Left Washington NH and a farm.

Monday, July 20, 2015

Great little hike for such an amazing view! I'd say go the first week in Aug, pack a lunch and plan to pick some berries. Makes use of the trip other wise you'll be up and down in no time!

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Short little hike with some great views. Great for sunset hikes where you don't have to worry about being in the dark too long. There are also blueberries just down the dirt road. Been one of my go to hikes for a couple years.

Sunday, September 07, 2014

Very quick little hike it literally took my son and myself 15 mins to get to the fire tower. Very rocky grassy summit where 3 trails meet all starting from the parking lot. We elected to take the rocky middle trail to the summit and went back on the Sunapee Monadnock Greenway road where there were a couple pastures and a vista to photograph them from. So yea, nice views but don't expect to break a sweat.