Piper Mountain Trail

Piper Mountain Trail is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Gilford, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great time on this easy hike today! You see some terrific views with very little mileage. ***We didn't actually take the RED trail. *** Instead, we took the Belknap Mountain White Trail to the Old Piper Trail to the North peak of Piper. Then continued on the Vista Trail to the South peak of Piper. The trail we started on is near the other Carriage Rd parking lot and we missed the white stake for the trail but thankfully another super nice hiker helped us out. Clue: Its right near a yellow narrow bridge sign. :)

Great short hike. I agree w/ others that the rating is misleading. I'd put it in the low moderate rating.

As many others have said, giving this trail an easy rating is misleading. Steep all the way up. Often on ledge. Without the app. we never would have been able to figure out where to find the orange trail down. We wanted to avoid taking red trail that we had come up since it was steep and the ledge was sometimes wet. The orange trail lead to a gravel and then tar road down to the parking lot but it was quiet and the surrounding woods were beautiful. We were concerned about how challenging and time consuming the unknown hike down might be but it went quickly and was much easier than the hike up. I thought there were plenty of panoramic views. Loved the mixture of forest hiking and open summit.

It was a good exercise. The view is ok. I finished the loop following red marks up, orange marks from the top and white marks leading to a paved road (about 1 mi) back to parking.

The red trail is really nice and rather easy to find from the parking area. I definitely recommend, after getting to the summit, that you keep going along the green trail about 10 minutes (towards whiteface). When the trees part and there's a clear drop marking the edge of Piper Mountain, the view is really wonderful.

Piper Mountain trail from the carriage road parking are is a great, steep and quick ascent. I wouldn't recommend taking the carriage road down. Hard on legs and not pretty to descend on asphalt. Best to go back the same way (Piper Mt trail). Views are not spectacular but it's a great workout.

So much fun. My 8 y/o son and I hiked it today and had a great time. trails well marked and met several nice folks at the top.Thank you for this app

NOT an easy hike. I would rate as moderate. I consider easy to be a combo of flat, then incline, flat, incline, etc. This trail went straight up for the 1st mile. NOT easy for someone with a bad knee and lungs. I wish I had been warned as I would have worn a stronger knee brace . The only plus was it was only me and the dog so the dog could be off leash.