Piper Hammond Loop Trail

Piper Hammond Loop Trail is a 8.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Conway, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Fantastic view of peaked summit and surrounding mountains The Piper trail is wide and very easy at the start. It is well traveled and well maintained. In the fall you will have excellent and exciting views of the summit and of the Carter ledge on your right. You need crampons in the winter. It can be very windy at the top. You have great views of the White Mountains including Mount Washington. The Weetamoo rock trail can be a bit of a slog on the way down but there is a huge boulder to look at - hence the name. There are several streams on the Piper trail where you can replenish your water supply if you have a filter.

5 minutes ago

Had a bluebird day for this loop. Lots a snow and ice on the upper half of Piper, all of Hammond, and Weetamoo until the Chocorua River. Microspikes needed at minimum. Fantastic views at the top, including Mt Washington to the north. All the snow melt meant the Chocorua River was full and lowing fast had to wade across calf-high water!

I am 74 years old and facing a very serious foot reconstruction surgery, on 11/11/2016 my lady friend and I hiked the loop, just spectacular, I had to take my time but made it without any problems, as others have said ! not marked very well, so next time I go I am going to mark it, and another time install signage, to exact specifications. this will help others enjoy their hike, this is now one of my favorite places to hike,
Jim Raymond, Massachusetts

Great hike, but poorly marked with all the leaves on the ground. Can't even imagine how good it would be before all the leaves dropped.

Really great hike. Love mount chocorua. Views were amazing!!

Great views and moderately difficult climb.

My first hike ever last year, I was 51 and not in great shape but was an amazing experience with 360* views!!! So worth all the sweat and rapid heart rates!! Did it with my family son, niece, nephews and sister and brother in law---who kept saying it's just flat rocks up ahead?????-----yes flat rocks you had to climb in all fours!!!! I didn't get all the way to the summit, I stopped on the big rock flats just before it was my summit!!! And only like 100 ft from the top!!!! My daughter and bro in law and a couple friends did it in the early morning this year to witness the sunrise, they stopped at the big rock outcrop half way up maybe, because one of them got ill, but still had some amazing sunrise views, may try that one myself soon!!! Highly recommend!!

This is a beautiful trail! It is well traveled and easy to navigate. We followed this trail across from First Sister (after ascending via Carter Ledge and coming across the three sisters), to the summit, then descended down mount Chocorua following this trail. Might be my favorite favorite hike this year. We saw numerous folks with dogs on this trail so feel free to bring Fido along!

Great hike for dogs just enough to get your heart pumping we chose the Nikerson Ledge Trail.