Percival/Morgan Loop Trail

Percival/Morgan Loop Trail is a 4.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Center Sandwich, New Hampshire that features a cave and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

it was an amazing hike! The top gets a bit sketchy but such a rush when you get to the top! I think the worst part about the experience was the acorns! I highly suggest this hike to anyone but prepare well. Weather and timing and having the proper tools are a must!

Percival is not a trail for young kids to go down. There are plenty of places for wobbly legs to give out and lead to a serious fall. I know some people say it’s great for kids, but I don’t see it. It would be fun and beautiful, though, if it had just been adults!

The caves side of Percival with kids slowed us to the point that we got caught in the darkness. We ended up briefly on some old trail that still had faded yellow dots on the rocks. Pay close attention at night; if you end up in a rockslide area, you are off the trail!

I like this trail ... just not with kids.

Nice 1/2 day hike with great views. Took about 4 hours going up Morgan hiking down Percival. It was cloudy / cool day and only saw one other person on the trail (end of September ) would recommend!

Perceval trail not as well marked on the way down. All of a sudden there was no trail, thankfully the gps feature of this app got me back on track but I probably lost 10min through a bunch of overgrowth.
Also, many recommend going up the Morgan Trail and going down Perceval, however what I didn't know is Perceval also has its own cliff face decent that is very steep and requires a lot of maneuvering. Luckily, there are alternative ways up to the peak of both mountains, therefore I would have gone to the left down Perceval to avoid the steepest decent had I known about it. I still recommend going up Morgan though if you want to climb the ladders.
Nevertheless, it was a great hike with beautiful views! Definitely for people in better shape/more adventurous because of the steep incline.