Peaked Mountain Trail

Peaked Mountain Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near North Conway, New Hampshire that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail will lead you up exposed granite slabs, past intermittent stands of red pine and pitch pine, and to the summit of Peaked Mountain. It offers excellent views of Middle Mountain, Black Cap, Mt. Chocorua, and the Moat Mountain range. The trail is blazed in yellow and blue. This Preserve is managed by The Nature Conservancy in New Hampshire, and is an excellent place for walking, skiing and snowshoeing, hunting, and observing wildlife. Camping, fires or wheeled vehicles are not permitted on the preserve, and all dogs must be on a leash.

Nice winter hike - round trip was 3 hours

Beautiful hike! Very well marked. I took the Middle Mountain trail on the way back for a change of pace. Amazing views!

it's a treasure

decent hike. it took us 3 1/2 hours round trip, as we spent time taking in the views and enjoying some time at the top. Generally moderate. a little steep as you approach the top, but easily doable for anyone.

Nice moderate hike. Took us about 2 hours round trip. Marks are very good.

This was an excellent trail for inexperienced and infrequent hikers who aren't in the best of shape but want something more rigorous than Black Cap. It took my wife and I about 3 hours round trip with some time at the top for photos. The views were very good. I actually liked Black Cap better for views. The trail was well-marked. We took others' advice and went up in the counter-clockwise direction. This meant that going up we were under tree cover almost the whole way and coming down there was quite a bit of exposure to the sun. I would rate this trail midway between Black Cap and Kearsarge as an easy-moderate.

view is much better in person, I'd recommend it!

Overall nice easy/moderate hike with some steep sections. Had our three year old boy and dog with us for the trip and they had little or no problems. The trail is well marked and well managed. View from the top is rewarding.

nice climb with great views.

Stopped by Peaked Mountain on my way back from Black Cap. Lots of blueberries on the way to the summit. Nice view on the outlets area of Con Way.

Much steeper than anticipated. The view from the peak is spectacular.

It was a nice hike, the Middle Mt Trail is MUCH easier than the Peaked Mt Trail

awesome views at the top

We went today and loved it! On the way up we went up on the south side which was steeper and we got down by the north side which was longer.
It was definitely a challenge, especially closing up to the Peaked side view but the view we got at the top was well worth it. Amazing sight and today was the perfect day for it! Will definitely come back again !!!
Loved the challenge!
I would rate it moderate.

Great hike. I wouldn't consider this an "easy" trail. However, it was totally worth it! Great views from the top. I would like to try this again in the Fall.

Beautiful trail, clearly marked. Unfortunately I was unable to make it all the way to the summit due to some fresh ice that I just could not pass with my microspikes. Will definitely go back once the temperatures rise again.

Definitely more challenging than anticipated and would rate it as an easy to moderate trail but overall a good winter hike via snowshoes.

Very good hike by snowshoe! Beautiful trails with great natural beauty. Not very challenging physically. But a great walk nevertheless.

Great loop trail, fairly easy, beautiful views of the valley!