Peaked Mountain Trail

Peaked Mountain Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near North Conway, New Hampshire that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail will lead you up exposed granite slabs, past intermittent stands of red pine and pitch pine, and to the summit of Peaked Mountain. It offers excellent views of Middle Mountain, Black Cap, Mt. Chocorua, and the Moat Mountain range. The trail is blazed in yellow and blue. This Preserve is managed by The Nature Conservancy in New Hampshire, and is an excellent place for walking, skiing and snowshoeing, hunting, and observing wildlife. Camping, fires or wheeled vehicles are not permitted on the preserve, and all dogs must be on a leash.

nice view to northeast. a little confusing as signs pointing to Thompson road parking pointed I 2 different directions an we took the wrong one. take the longer route

My wife and I (both 68 y/o) hiked Middle trail first and then over to Peaked Mountain. Beautiful views at the top of both peaks. At the beginning you think it's an easy trail, but pretty soon the incline increases and it becomes more challenging. My AllTrails app says 3:16 hrs moving and 4:22 hrs total; 5.4 miles. Enjoyable hike.

Beautiful view on this mountain! I will say, though, that I am glad my husband accompanied me, as we switched back and forth on carrying our 2.5 year old in the hiking carrier. It was tough, but what a sweet reward at the top!

good parking, nicely marked trails that you will share with mountian bikers. Steep, straight, and short. Trails are smooth somewhat free of large rocks and roots. good view.

Great hike. Well marked. Hiked middle mtn first then went up peaked mtn right after. Definitely a good call to go up the middle mtn side first and descend down the peaked mtn side.

Went on this last week. My first time up. I enjoyed the hike. I was surprised to meet two cyclists at the top. The last stretch was steep and rocky and I didn’t realize the flexibility of the current equipment.

I’d recommend this trail for all reasonably healthy trekkers.

Its a really tough (cardio wise) climb uphill when you use Middle Trail to the top. I think it would be a bit easier if you use the Peak Trail which is the north side of the circle to reach the top. We aren’t 25 yrs old and it was an uphill climb, but easy on the footing at least. The Peak is beautiful and well worth it. It did take us a little over 3 hours since we sat at the top for a long while.

Steep hike, did it in late march with a lot of ice and snow on the mountain still. Went without boot spikes and suffered the consequences. Would recommend not doing in the winter unless properly equipped. Great views at the top though, worth the work.

Super rando! De belles vues et un sommet ou l’on peut prendre du temps pour relaxer. C’est beau! Quand même facile comme montée . Je ferai la boucle dans le sens anti-horaire la prochaine fois .

gets the heart pumping! middle mountain trail to the peaked connector is steeper, but a little more direct. doable for any level hiker if you take your time. peaked trail is windier and takes a bit longer - not as steep as middle. the views along peaked trail before you even get to the summit are breathtaking. our puppy did great! well marked! beautiful view - would love to hike again in the warmer weather!

Great winter hike for Christmas Eve day. Fairly well traveled. We started at 10:30 and the trail had already been broken from the storm the day before. Micro spikes were fine and packed snow made it easy for our standard poodle. He's not much of a hiker on the steeps - this was easy for him. Nice view at the summit. Took the advice here and went up Middle and down Peaked....made for great views on the way down.

Nice winter hike - round trip was 3 hours

Beautiful hike! Very well marked. I took the Middle Mountain trail on the way back for a change of pace. Amazing views!

it's a treasure

decent hike. it took us 3 1/2 hours round trip, as we spent time taking in the views and enjoying some time at the top. Generally moderate. a little steep as you approach the top, but easily doable for anyone.

Nice moderate hike. Took us about 2 hours round trip. Marks are very good.

This was an excellent trail for inexperienced and infrequent hikers who aren't in the best of shape but want something more rigorous than Black Cap. It took my wife and I about 3 hours round trip with some time at the top for photos. The views were very good. I actually liked Black Cap better for views. The trail was well-marked. We took others' advice and went up in the counter-clockwise direction. This meant that going up we were under tree cover almost the whole way and coming down there was quite a bit of exposure to the sun. I would rate this trail midway between Black Cap and Kearsarge as an easy-moderate.

view is much better in person, I'd recommend it!

Overall nice easy/moderate hike with some steep sections. Had our three year old boy and dog with us for the trip and they had little or no problems. The trail is well marked and well managed. View from the top is rewarding.

Monday, August 14, 2017

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

nice climb with great views.

Friday, July 28, 2017

Stopped by Peaked Mountain on my way back from Black Cap. Lots of blueberries on the way to the summit. Nice view on the outlets area of Con Way.

Monday, July 24, 2017

Much steeper than anticipated. The view from the peak is spectacular.

Thursday, June 22, 2017

It was a nice hike, the Middle Mt Trail is MUCH easier than the Peaked Mt Trail

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

awesome views at the top

Monday, April 03, 2017

We went today and loved it! On the way up we went up on the south side which was steeper and we got down by the north side which was longer.
It was definitely a challenge, especially closing up to the Peaked side view but the view we got at the top was well worth it. Amazing sight and today was the perfect day for it! Will definitely come back again !!!
Loved the challenge!
I would rate it moderate.

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Great hike. I wouldn't consider this an "easy" trail. However, it was totally worth it! Great views from the top. I would like to try this again in the Fall.

Saturday, March 04, 2017

Beautiful trail, clearly marked. Unfortunately I was unable to make it all the way to the summit due to some fresh ice that I just could not pass with my microspikes. Will definitely go back once the temperatures rise again.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Definitely more challenging than anticipated and would rate it as an easy to moderate trail but overall a good winter hike via snowshoes.

Monday, February 13, 2017

Very good hike by snowshoe! Beautiful trails with great natural beauty. Not very challenging physically. But a great walk nevertheless.