Parker Mountain Trail

Parker Mountain Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Leighton Corners, New Hampshire that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Driving (one way from Nashua, NH): Distance: 62 miles Time: 1 hour 15 minutes Parking: at trailhead parking lot If you use a car GPS, here are the parking lot coordinates (in degrees and minutes): N 43 17.575 W 71 09.614 Roads: - Everett Turnpike north - Route 93 north to Exit 15E - Route 4 east (for 9.9 miles) - Route 28 north (for 11.1 miles) - Route 126 south (for 7.2 miles)

Good little trail. The parking lot is right on route 126 and can be easily missed. It’s more of a dirt pull off site. One of the trees to the left of where the trail starts has a sign. I hiked this after work on 7/23. It had been raining for a few days and on that night it was drizzling. First 1/4 Mile, after kiosk climbs steadily. It does level out after that. The rock slabs can be very slick when wet. The red Trail blazes were faint, keep an eye out for them as the trail tends to split into different directions. When you get to the junction where the link sign points left, look right. The trail continues up and past the stone wall. If you are not watching for the red blazes you could walk right past the turn for the summit. I used the app map on here to double check I was staying on the right trail as it was getting dark and as I said, the blazes are faint. No summit view for me due to weather, but I may venture back there again sometime.

Well... The views were not as amazing as major or blue job but it was not as easy I thought. We got off trail 6 times.

Hiked this with my kids. My 3 year did great but I ended up carrying her the last 1/2 mile. First 1/2 mile or so is most strenuous, smooth sailing after that. We saw only one group while we were there. It had great views. I thought the red markers were easy to find.

First 1/4 mile will get your heart rate up for sure. After that a nice short hike. Trail to the summit not well marked near the wind break/foundation. Could be the blazes were just under the snow. Be sure to continue past the summit cairn for the best views.

Incline at the beginning but levels out and is a great hike! Nice view of Bow lake at the end...
Only reason why it’s 4 stars instead of 5 is because a few times I lost my way on the trail. You really have to be paying attention to the markings... some are just red lines on rocks or trees, then they have cans spray painted with red on trees; if you’re not paying attention you could find yourself a little lost. Wasn’t hard to find my way back on the trail though so that’s a plus! Went on a Thursday afternoon and there was only another couple out there so it was nice and secluded.

Good but rough going down

Great hike. One steep section about 1/2 mile long. Great view of Bow Lake. Trail well marked. Not many people even on a Saturday.

The view from the end is amazing. The trail is pretty poorly marked and we ended up off trail twice but it was worth it for the view!!

Great for a quick hike. Great view over Bow Lake if you go about a half mile past the summit. First half mile is pretty steep but easy after that. The part past the summit to the overlook has several sharp turns so it's easy to get off trail if you're not paying attention to the blazes.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

nice hike beautiful view of Bow Lake at the end. there were a few places that were not well marked. once I was off trail on way back down but following app map got me back. ☺️

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Fun little hike. The parking lot is right on Route 126 and can be easy to miss. The trail is well marked and easy to follow with a pretty steep part at the beginning before leveling off. The summit doesn't have a view but there are a couple of overlooks on the way up (one on a quick sidetrail) and a great view of Bow Lake if you continue past the summit.