Old Bridle Path is a 1.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Center Sandwich, New Hampshire that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.7 miles Elevation Gain: 383 feet Route Type: Out & Back

As of 5/6/19, hikers have reported this trail closed for mud season. Check with the park before visiting for more information. The trail starts out with an incline and there are a number of stairs to reach the top of the trail, the view is breathtaking, it's a panoramic view of Squam Lake, where On Golden Pond was filmed. Well worth the hike. The trail ends with a slight turn to the left, ending in a large rock ledge.

My nephews, their dog and I really like enjoyed this hike. Just keep on the yellow blaze path and it’s a quick trip up West Rattlesnake Mtn. for a stunning view of Big Squam Lake and its many magical islands.

Great quick hike with a great view. Amazing view at the top. Lots of cool stairs made of wood and stone and big rocks to climb on.

Easy, quick hike. Spectacular views that won’t disappoint. Can do this in sneakers without a problem.

perfect, wonderful, my 3yo girl did it alone up and down (beware of the mosquitos)

Always a great easy hike.

easy up and easy back. great view! a little rocky and muddy, but not bad at all! Did the trail with my 11 year old and she loved it!

The trail is open again. Went there with my family last weekend and trail conditions were good. All four of our kids are able to hike the mountain easily (ages 3, 4, 6, 8). The view is nice but definitely an overcrowded trail. I suggest going midweek to avoid the crowds :)

closed

rattlesnake area trails closed due to mud season for erosion control. For more info www.lrct.org

Easy climb for a HUGE reward!

Easy with beautiful views; more views on West Rattlesnake; packed powder conditions

Great beginner winter hike. Packed snow on Old Bridle, although I'd still recommend microspikes or snowshoes. We also looped out on Pasture (not packed, we postholed a lot), Col (loosely packed), and Ridge (packed) before we headed back down Old Bridle. Lovely!

Great quick hike for a fantastic view. Parking lot is a sheet of ice and trail was slushy. Great hike for beginners or for a pre or post work day.

Beautiful views at the end of this fairly easy hike. A large portion of the trail though is a sheet of ice. Be sure to wear microspikes and be prepared to slide a bit.

Trail was easy and view point was stunning. However way too crowded to really enjoy. Went-mid morning mid-week and lots of toddlers/children running around. People were hoarding the best spots for photos. Probably not something I would do again. Unless VERY early in the morning. If you're a family this is great. If you just want to do a simple/quiet hike alone/with a dog this is not it.

Awesome afternoon hike. Incredible views.

Nice short hike. Great views

Great family friendly hike. Easy enough but a decent workout. My dog loved it too. Beautiful views of Squam Lake at the top.

lots of folks with dogs, noisy on top headed over to east rattlesnake a great day go breeze

Nice well maintained trails. We took old bridal path to Col trail and made a loop after reaching the peak of west rattle snake. We did a lot of down hill climbing on Col trail before ascending up. A relatively easy trail. We had a four yr old w us who did just great.

so in love the trail. it breath taking. we will be do this in falls

Family did this trail today with a 6 yo and 2 yo in a backpack. Perfect length, great view at the top, and clearly marked.

my family and I did this hike today we have a 9 yo and a 5 yo they had no problem. Beautiful views!

Friday, August 17, 2018

easy hike with beautiful views!