Oaklands Tunnel Trail

Oaklands Tunnel Trail is a 7.9 mile out and back trail located near Exeter, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is best used from April until October.

This was a bit rough. Lots of turn offs if you aren't using a map app. Web map claims 5 miles which my wife and I didn't believe for a minute. Not a very scenic trail but it's a good workout

good for trail running - easy to get lost

Would be 5 if trail was better marked. Keep phone on you

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Monday, May 09, 2016

The trail is very well maintained but the trails are not all marked and have some confusing intersections. I suggest downloading the map and using GPS.

We did the red loop without the added extension under the highway. The trail was rather uneventful until we saw a beaver in one of the bog areas. I wouldn't travel a long way to do this trail but if you live nearby and are looking to simply have a walk in the woods then this is a good trail for you.

Thursday, May 05, 2016

Good trail. Easy to get lost. Walked steadily for 3 straight hours, total 8 miles. Alittle much for this 58 year old. Especially since it was my first hike!!

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Nice trail, not too difficult. Did find trail a little hard to follow, we ended up traveling a few different colored trails. Nice 3 mile loop with the dog.

Friday, April 29, 2016

I like this trail because it is slightly more difficult than a lot of the trails you find in the seacoast. Dog friendly. Well established and blazed trails, although there is no signage. Maps can be printed on the Exeter town page.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016