Newbury Cut

Newbury Cut is a 5.3 mile out and back trail located near Newbury, New Hampshire that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

My family (2 adults, 12 & 14yr old boys) and I did this today. Left from the side street in Newbury and were greeted by a pretty steep start. We decided not to go to the Lake at the Jack & Jane junction, but to continue on to the Sunapee Summit. All told, I logged a little over 6.25 miles and it took us 4.75 hours with several stops. Last mile down was tough on the knees!

A good workout and a good climb. A bit more strenuous then Andrew Brook. Added 2 miles too it by going over to the summit. Although some ppl say nay to this I say go for it. Great views there.

This is a rail trail I runs from Newbury harbor to Bradford. The lake referred to is Lake Sunapee. It's a nice walk MOuntan Road to South street is 2.5 miles each way. The historic part of the trail known as the cut is between Mountain Road and the harbor. The trail is an easy walk for all.

*****This is not the Andrew Brook Trail which goes up to Lake Solitude and the ledges above.

Moderate hike. Good preparation for 4000 footers. Dog friendly.

Got crowded through the day. Lake solitude and the cliffs are a great hike. Wouldn't do the hike to Sunapee Summit again

Sadly we didn't make it all the way to the summit, but the views along the way were pretty. Would go again.

Great hike! Beautiful view of Lake Solitude.

Very nice single-track climb up. Saw no one at all (nice change). Not too difficult for kids, if they're in shape.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Great Hike! Amazing Views!

Saturday, January 09, 2016

Wednesday, October 07, 2015

I liked this trail a lot. It was steeper than we expected, but that added to the fun and challenge. We'll definitely do it again and try to make a large loop somehow. The views are certainly worth the climb.

Sunday, October 04, 2015

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Im not sure what "Newbury Cut" means, but this is the Andrews Brook Trail and it's four miles out and back. Good view of Lake Solitude from the ledges. I prefer this trek during the winter when im always alone out there, but I hear its quite popular in the summer and fall when tourist levels are the highest.

Monday, August 04, 2014

Great trail. Lots of mud but a good moderate trail. Not many people were around on a Sunday. However it was cloudy. We got a little scared after hearing purring in the woods. It was probably just a raccoon but with nothing around it was hard to push to the lake after that. I would go back with a larger group and bug spray.