Mount Klem & Mount Mack

Mount Klem & Mount Mack is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Gilford, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very nice peaceful trail.

Great little hike, trails and summits well marked with blazes and cairns. There is still snow on most of the trail. Traction is not necessary but definitely makes the hike easier. I drive an old sedan and had no issue with making it to the trailhead parking.

WARNING be careful of where you park for this trail! I got to Wood Rd in Gilford and saw the signs for the parking area, but the road was an icy rocky mess and I decided not to risk it. So I parked along the side of the dirt road, there was one house at the end of the road that looked like it was under construction/not occupied. Man was I wrong. As I was driving away from where I parked I almost got RUN OFF THE ROAD by an angry man in a white truck. He informed me that he had taken pictures of my car/plates and send them to the Gilford and State Police, because no one is allowed to park there, clearly it is only HIS road. He yelled at me for a couple minutes not caring that I was only there to hike, VERY angry. A less than ideal end to a pleasant day.

Other than that the summits were nothing special, not a view at either peak. There were a few good viewing areas along the trails. Round Pond is a beautiful area to stop at as well. The trails were very icy on the way up and very muddy on the way back, I mean that is to be expected on a 70 degree day in February, but pretty dicey in some areas all and all. Not a difficult climb, good for beginners.

we did this in September and loved it. awesome trail that isn't too steep

We started at the Bickford Rd/Wood Rd trailhead. parking area has only room for 5 cars, so it's good to get there early. The whole loop took us under 4 hours which included a 30 min lunch break with a gorgeous view of Lake Winnipessaukee. Parts of the trail are along a carriage road, others through the woods. It was a gorgeous day, but the temperature differences between sun vs. shade and with vs without breeze were quite noticeable. Tons of blueberries all over around the two peaks. Bring a plastic dish.

A pleasant, easy hike. Nice trails and good views.

Very peaceful trail.