Mount Anna

Mount Anna is a 4.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Gilmanton, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail should really be reclassified with Straightback and ignored as a single summit.

Hiked with my 10 year old who faired well.
From the "parking lot" follow the trail signs for Straightback and then on to Mt. Anna.

We actually tried to follow the mapped trail. It is marked with blue blazes which are very far apart on a very indistinguishable trail that doesn't appear to have ever been worked on. I went off trail to find the snowmobile trail up to straight back and on to Mt. Anna.

Anna has no views bit Straightback does.

There is very little ice left and you could probably complete the trail without spikes. We took ours off almost to the Straightback summit.

We followed this route from Jesus Valley Road to Straightback to Anna, and then descended via a logging camp road (marked with blue blazes) and got back to JVR on snowmobile rt 22E. A good amount of snow up there today--no need for microspikes or snowshoes though. On our way from Straightback to Anna, we began following purple blazes on what I think was the Precipice Trail, but we lost sight of blazes after a short while and there were no more tracks (however, there was evidence that we were not the first to dead end on this trail).

I did this loop by finding a trail I didn't know about. I hiked from the end of Jesus Valley rd. park on roadside. Took old stage rd. to Straightback .Mt. and Mt. Anna. On the way back ran into another hiker who told me about the Precipice trail. This was the best part of the hike. it went all along the edge of a ridge . Trail crosses about an 80 ft. waterfall and goes down beside it. Then it link's back up to Old stage rd. to make the loop. I loved it !